Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby having quiet days?

Do we all have days where baby dosen't move as much? I guess due to my history I tend to worry about it but was wondering if we all have quiet days?

Replies

• i had a few quite day on tuesday and wednesday but come thurday she did't seem to stop all day was moving around alot yesterday and today as well
  • Some days I think she is quieter than others. Then I forget about it because she is constantly moving! I always worry if I think I haven't felt her. We bought a doppler and I can find her heart beat pretty much straight away..has put my mind at rest. Promised myself I wouldn't overuse it though. Thus far it has been out of the box four times - once to let my mum and dad have a listen, once because I heard it at MW and hubby didn't and the other two because I was worried/needing a little reassurance! Do you have one?

MrsEH 23+1
  • yeah luv, he was really quite for me on thursday but then on friday and today has been moving loads. im also a stickler for on his quite days i always used my doppler and listen to him i always find him straight away.

sam 21+2

xxx
  • Oh yes, I have a doppler! After 3mc's it comes out the box whenever I am worried like yesterday image I was just wondering if we all have those quiet days and if it was just me being over paranoid about it :roll: I'm glad that all our babes seem to scare us equally sometimes image
  • I had a few quiet days last week and was starting to get a little worried but then since thurs she seems to have steped it up a gear and hasnt really stopped much and they have been a lot stronger than they used to be. She really didnt like the noisy sander hubby has been using the last 2 days or the noisy people in the resturant sat night lol she did not stop kicking the whole time image
  • Yes, I get quieter days too. I had one yesterday and was starting to upset myself, especially after reading that poor Amanda Holden had realised there was something wrong as she hadn't felt her baby move for a day. Then this morning baby woke me up by kicking and has been wriggling all day. I feel like he's telling me not to worry!

Sx
  • I agree Sarah I post about Amanda in PG after mc, and it has totally shocked me, we think we are past these certain stages but it just brings it home there is no 'safe' stage and after hearing the news about her it has bought home how important it is to me to tune into baby and make sure I feel her everyday now. I don't think we can control or do anything to prevent it from happening to us but at least we get some knowledge that all is ok when we feel the movement.

I cannot even imagine what poor Amanda must be going through - or all those other ladies that have suffered similar losses - pure torture. :cry:
  • i panic quite regularly with this.

With dd1 i hardly felt anything as i had an anterior placenta. I havent felt much this time either and assumed it was the same reason but worrying even more now as i have a prosterior placenta so should be feeling loads.

Need to speak to mw but next appointment isnt until 25 weeks (20+5 now) x
  • If you're really concerned I would give her a call CJ! I'm sure all is fine though, we're not supposed to need to start counting kicks until 25w or so my book says!
  • That reassures me a little. Ill give it a little longer as little lady was very very busy at my scan. Took ages and lots of rolling around to get the measurements x
  • yes it's brought home the reality that there isn't a safe zone after all, we try to get through all the milestones so we are safe and then bang -reality,

I must admit I have been really anxious since hearing about poor Amanda Holden, when I sit or lie down my little lady kicks like mad so if I think I haven't felt her for a while I sit/lie down quickly.

I defo agree with bob though if you are concerned just ring midwife or even go to your local maternity unit where they will monitor babies heartbeat.

A lady posted the same story on our 'new due date and bump colour' thread the other day, don't know if you read it but she was 22/23 weeks and gave birth to her little boy. such a heartbreaking thing to through, How would you ever get over it? xx
  • OMG - I didn't see that, poor bluebabeuk, how aweful, I keep hearing such terrible things that people have gone through lately, 2 ladies in DIJuly have also lost their babys at around 18w - it's all such a lottery and completely terrifying image

My heart goes out to them - let's all pray for them to be strong and get through this tough time and for healthy PG's for the rest of us.... x
  • well said bob - thinking of you all and praying you find the strength to get through this.

and praying we all have a healthy pregnancy too xx