Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Had my scan.......

Hey ladies & Bumps, had my scan at 10am. Have to go for another one at 34 weeks for growth! Babies belly is measuring quite big(2weeks ahead of my dates on the 98th centile). Anyone else had this? She thinks it might just be a growth spurt, i hope so. Everything else was great, baby was head down with hand covering face,lol. No obvious signs as to what the sex is altho hubby thinks boy and im not sure, have 2 girls already so think its another little pink bump, dont mind either way. Got mw on monday so gona ask more about this belly growth n bubs.

So nice to see my precious bubs today and on the happy side, i get to see him/her again in 12 weeks image

Anna 21+3 x

Replies

• Hi

glad things went well.

I shouldn't think that you have anything to worry about and will get another chance to see your baby before it officially arrives!!
  • aww glad everything went well hun. Im sure its fine and just a growth spurt x
  • hi, glad scan went well, never heard of this before so can't really comment but I hope it's just a growing spurt!! it will be nice to baby again tho!! xx
  • I've had regular scans due to my high risk status and at the 18w scan she was in the 75% percentile and that was based on 4 days ahead, so probably more like the 85%, now at my 23w scan she is in the 49th percentile at 4 days ahead, so I would say it can change very quickly depending on what they are doing growth wise. So in 4w's it seems that my little one has stopped growing as fast but the perinatologist is not worried about it at all. I'm sure everything is just fine, try not to worry, they grow at their own pace! x
  • Thanks bob, ive asked around about it and a few of my mates know of girls who's babies were the same but it all evened out before birth, the lady who scanned us never explained anything and thats what got us worried. Ok now tho xxxx