Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011

Baby Shower Tips and Ideas!

Hi again

Is anyone having/throwing a Baby Shower?

Do you do it yourself or surprise thrown?

I am thinking about it now, not sure when is best to do one, and if I should get some ideas then leave it to friends and family to arrange ?!?!

xx

http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker2/0000FF/AAAAAA/Alfie%20Bump!/06/25/2011.png

Make a pregnancy ticker

Replies

• ~After nattering at work, we have decided an afternoon tea party with baby theme, girls only, with decorations and lots of fun!! xx
  • Sounds like fun! One of my friends is arranging mine and we are having couples (not just girlies) and games and it will most likely be afternoon or early evening!
  • I am having one. My mum is hosting and organising mine although I am secretly in charge! I can not wait. People have already been offering to buy the last few bits on our list of things to get! Not that it is all about the pressies..hehe! We are having girlie friends and relatives for afternoon tea. Probably won't play games as there is such a mix of ages and types of ppl but have been to some with great games. Will prob have a guess the weight, date, time etc game. Thought I might give everyone a little bag of choc eggs as mine will be 10th April, just before Easter. I am really looking forward to it as we have been so busy that we've hardly seen anyone and was starting to worry no-one would get to see me pregnant. :lol:
  • Hya luv, mine was suppose to be a surprise but i kinda guessed what was going on as it wasnt that long ago we did it for my SIL, its being arranged by my MIL and it an evening meal, loads of baby dec's and baby talk in a resteraunt, then people who arent pg can have a drink and a nice meal, its on 23rd March and im very excited mainly for all the presents and the girly get together as seems like forever since we did anything and it will be nice for all the girls and all my female relatives to get togther, we havent bought much baby stuff for ages as waiting till after the shower so i know what iv got so i cant wait to have more blue stuff!!

sam 24wk.

xxx
  • Excellent stuff! Mine has slightly been taken over by my SIL, MIL and best buddy (as good as a sister!) so all deccies have been ordered, and they are planning lots of baking etc, very exciting! Just got to set the date now, thinking April then time to rest afterwards, and tick off the list what we get and can get the remainder if necessary throughout May!! Having a nice reflective day at work today, would be my Mum's Birthday so trying not to get weepy (hormones grr!) and think nice thoughts and memories of her to share with Alfie Bump xx

http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker2/0000CC/999999/Alfie%20Bump/06/25/2011.png

Make a pregnancy ticker
  • I have already had one!!! Had it on Monday (school teacher so was on half term). It was a surprise and I think they organised it as I have not brought anything yet, being very cautious due to 2 MCs in 2010. It was lovely and I got some lovely presents! Felt very early though!

25+1
  • Brill!

I have ordered my invites now to write out at home, and also got a really cute guest book for everyone to sign when they get there too!

Check out the site it's really good, lots of offers on for all kinds of things!!

xx

http://www.babyshowerhost.co.uk/baby-coming-soon-invites-1-p-2059.html

http://www.babyshowerhost.co.uk/baby-coming-soon-advice-book-p-2062.html
  • mine is being held on 9th April saturday afternoon yay! xx
  • aww thats lovely not long now!!!

Mines a week tomorrow and im very excited one for a evening out and nice food and i cant wait for all the baby blue prezzies,lol.

xxx
  • hee hee, hope you and the wee one get spoiled!! x
  • Mine's about 5 weeks or so before my due date. Mum is organising mine, we're having it at folks place, easier as hubby and I live in a flat. There's about 10 girlies, going to have nibbles, some kind of pink drink(!),lovely cupcakes and games etc. Can't wait!!! Got some great invites off Amazon!

Zxx
  • Yeah Amazon have some great stuff, it's all very silly and good fun! Hope you all enjoy them! x