Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Classes

Hey girls,

I just wondered what classes everyone is doing??

I debated long and hard about the nct ones, I felt I should but didn't really want to, partly due to the expense now there is no health in pregancy grant!! So I've declined them but will be doing my NHS classes.

Also, I've just booked onto a "lazy daisy" birthing course, it's all relaxation, yoga, hypno, breathing etc to get ready for the birth, starts next week and am really looking fwd to it, more my kinda thing then formal classes!!

Plus I've been going aquanatal, it took me a long time to psyche myself up for it as I'm not much of a swimmer but I love it!! Is not v hard work so is nice to kinda relax and float around plus chat to other mum to bes.

Are any of you doing anything interesting??

Hope you are all well! It's march now, june is not far away!!!

Amber

24+5

Replies

• Hello stranger, glad all ok, was getting worried as hadn't heard back from you via mail.

Lazy daisy sounds fab.

Zxx
  • dont think ill be doing any this time round as did them last time (last year)only NHS ones though. Couldnt afford NCT

dont know whether we have aqua natal classes round her ebut would struggle to go with dd anyway x
  • I'm doing NCT and NHS. Infact they start in the next couple of weeks. I would really like to do aquanatal and yoga for bumps but they are during the day and don't think work will be up for that! Only have 4 weeks left after this one so might try and go in the 9 weeks off before baby. I am also going to the NHS physiotherapy class.

I would really like to do a hypnobirthing course but don't think we can justify the price on top of NCT. Is anyone going to the NCT classes for after baby is born? i'm thinking they might be nice for ??50 but then there seem to be so many cheaper classes for mums with babies like swimming and sign etc.
  • My NHS antenatal classes start tomorrow and run for an hour every Monday in March. Quite looking forward to it although I'm going on my own as DH will be at work image He might be able to come to next week's class but its not the most convenient time - 10-11am on Mondays plus we both have an hour to commute to work! :roll:

I've been going to aqua aerobics once a week and really enjoy it. It feels like I'm getting a bit of exercise though not too strenuous. I am planning to go swimming as well once I start maternity leave.

Other than that, I have just bought a hypno-birthing CD off eBay and am going to start listening to it every night, think you are supposed to do it from 32 weeks onwards. xx
  • ooh didnt think of getting a hypno birthing cd from there. is it any good? Im not normally into that kind of stuff but as im having a homebirth thought i mighttry it x
  • I've not listened to it yet Corinne but its supposed to help reduce the length of labour and also reduce likelihood of a C section so can only be be worth a try!!! I'm going to hospital but it should be good for a home birth - do you have a tens machine as well?

I've got the CD called 'Effective Birth Preparation' and think it might be available on Amazon too xx
  • how much was it?

I got a tens machine for my birth with dd but the birth was quite quick so diodnt use it

will probably hire one this time too x
  • Hiya

I've also got a hypnobirthing book & CD - we got it off amazon. It's called Hynobirthing - The Mongam Method. Think it was about ??10. Loving reading the book and have been doing the relaxation CD for the last couple of weeks before bed and it is sooooo helping me sleep!

Re classes - I go to pregnancy yoga, it's lovely and relaxing and have started trying to do a little bit from the class every day before work. The classes are tailored to how far on you are. Also do Aquanatal once a week which is good fun and feels like just about the level of workout I can manage at the moment!!

Our NHS antenatal classes are at the end of the month - we only get 2 classes but hope they'll be helpful - first baby for us so we'll take in all the info we can!!

image HF 26+1
  • Sounds like we're all v busy!!

KitKat041; they do lazy daisy all over the country, if you google it, there is a website about the classes and where they run.

Z, hey how are you?? I'm a bit rubbish with pcs what with work and baby etc. Hope all is well with you and bubs xx

I need to get a hypno book/cd so will be looking up all the ones you guys have bought!

have fun at your classes girls!

Amber

25+6