Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weight

Hi girls,

Hope you are keeping well and enjoying the 3rd trimester! Long long now..

Just wondering, how much weight did you gain so far?

Im 30wks and so far I've gained 8.5kg (just under 19lbs).

Replies

• I'm 29+1 and have gained exactly the same 19lbs - it's a little more than I wanted at this stage, only by about 3lb but I figure it's not too bad! My goal was not to gain more than 25-30lb for my entire PG which would be about right for my height etc.
  • hya im 28+4 and have gained 12lb so far, im a big lady anyway so didnt want to gain t much i think though as the weather gets warmer i may gain more in fluid and swelling, im not looking forward to that. i gained 24lb in my last pregnancy and im aiming towards that this time hopefully. Hope evryone is going well. xxx
  • I'm 27+4 and I've put on about 20lbs, so not too far off my target of 28.

I put on 3 1/2 stone with DD so have been keeping a closer eye on things this time.
  • I'm 32 weeks on Sunday and I've put on 2st 3lbs so far (31 lbs eeeeek).
  • Now at 22lb at 32w Sunday! Don't think I'll be staying within my 25lb I wanted to stay in!!!!
  • Hi Ladies

I've put on 22lbs too, am nearly 31 weeks.

• Oh my goodness, i have put on 3 stone and thought i wasnt doing too bad. This is my first baby so wasnt sure what an ok amount was but looking at the forum think 3 stone is a bit much. I was just under 9st before i got pregnant and im currently 39weeks, think its a bit late to cut down on my eating now image
  • This is my first and have put on 30lb, 33 weeks today but hoping not to put too much more on maybe another 3lb and I'll be going back on a diet as soon as possible as we want to try for number 2 soon after our Son is born image
  • Hi,

I'm G/C from Sept but its a topic I like to keep an eye on.

Take a look at this from the NHS website:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2311.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=128

They say the average gain is 22-28 lbs or 10-12.5 kgs.

Most of it will depend on your pre-pregnancy weight though so if you were overweight before you can gain less and vice versa. Its surprising how few extra calories you need each day to support the babyimage
  • im 32 weeks and have put on 2 and a half stone image
  • i'm 37+2 and i've put on 2stone
  • I dont have any scales in the house, but i don't think i've put on too much weight...i can still fit in most of my pre-pregnancy clothes, except for the stomach.
  • I'm now 36w today and have put on 27lb - I hope that's it now for me image