Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

G/C FAO baby_on_board

you asked in DIM about the swab since i had an early baby they offered one to me its a new thing they do its something to do with down there and a chemial that u preduce when in labour or going ito labour i don't no much about it as i never had it done but it get offered to people that they think or had previous premmies good luck hun xx

Replies

• Oh Thanks Hun, I had it done yesterday so should get the results today hopefully! I forgot I asked about that in one of the threads! Thanks for jumpong on and lettting me know, I have another scan Friday to check the length of my cervix again so we'll see how it goes!
  • you are welcome hun i'm not due till july but been have some real bad pains so maybe i might ask my midwife next thurs as i have not seen her since week 16 i will be 29 weeks when i see her again NHS have gone slack with my other 2 i had more appointments than this one and i have had more go wrong with PG than the last 2 lol
  • Oh I hope all goes well and it's just growing pains for you hun. I am waiting on my results today from the swab I had done and I have another US tomorrow to check cervix length etc. so we'll see how it goes!
  • good luck hun well i had pains up till yesterday still had a few but felt much better but today i seem to swelling on my hands and feet might be the heat but we will see have MW on thursday so will keep an eye on it but starting to get dizzy spells at the moment so will keep an eye on that to hope its just the hormones lol my hands keep going down so think its the heat for them but my feet seem to be getting bigger not done much so not over done it i will be back on tomorrow to see how you got on xx
  • think BE is playing up