Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

knackered. during the day, insomnia at night?

Hi, As the title really. In the day I am struggling to stay awake and I'm heading to bed around 9/10pm. But then I'm waking around 2/3am and struggle to go back off. I'm not sure if this is a symptom of pregnancy or excitement as when I'm awake I'm planning the next few months etc. Am I the only strange one?! Great that we are getting more members by the day. I'm just witing the next6/7 weeks of my life away! Xx

Replies

• Morning

I'm exactly the same, I'm wide awake at 4 in the morning!!

I think it's more nerves as I had a mc in August.

So excited but petrified mc will happen again.

Have you been to see the Drs midwife yet? I'm going next Thursday.

I think I'm 4weeks ..my dcb is saying 2-3..how about you?

Xxxx
  • Same here! Have been awake since about 4.30 this morning and woken ell asleep again just before my alarm!

Xx
  • Yes, nerves are playing a part here to after EMC/ CP's in the past image

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow I think.

I've been to doctor who told me to call midwife but when I called she told me it was too early, I need to be at least 7 weeks.

I've got the 'magical' 3+. Very positive you are 2-3 already image

Xx
  • Yes! Me too, think its due to anxiety/nerves and excitement all rolled in together! I have got 2-3 on a cbd and just want the next few weeks to disappear! Get past all the sickness and get to the 12 week scan. Xx
  • I've had a dreadful day, very stressful in work and ended up having words with someone as the frighten me....I can do without the shock and stresses.

I'm praying baby isn't upset by the days event. I'm off to see the midwife tomorrow, I might ask for a paper for me to have some time off.

I wish I knew everything is going to be fine this time round.
  • after a lousy day I'm off to bed!!...when I'm up @4 tomorrow I'll be thinking of you all xxxxxxx

I've been shaking a lot today through anger, I don't think that's good for the baby image
  • Sorry to hear about what a rubbish time at work you've been having sandybaby. Nobody should have to put up with that kind of attitude in a workplace. Get yourself cosied up and into bed for some lovely sleep and relaxation. I suppose we are getting in practice for all being up at stupid o'clock for those 5 am feeds next summer!!!! (when the sun will be coming up and we'll be on mat leave with our beautiful bundles instead of cold and dark and thinking how to get through another day at work without falling asleep or being sick! Lol).

Love to you all xx