Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Symptoms....

Hi I am only 4 weeks pregnant so very early days but wondering if you ladies are having any symptoms and if so what? Mon & Tues I had some stomach pains but today not really anything! Think normal not to have many symptoms at this stage but hard not to get paranoid!

Replies

• Options

Hi, only had a few cramping pains and lots of visits to the toilet. My skin also started to feel irritated and itchy but that has gone now. Good luck!

• Options
    Thanks bambinobump - that sounds about same as me! Is my first time so all very new to me and not sure what to expect!
  • Options
    I seem to be getting more symptoms as the days go by. Nausea and dizziness is the worst part, I run to the loo heaving but then nothing ever comes up. This happens twice each hour, also had tummy cramps quite painful at times then eases off.

My first too Scottie, so calling my is every second heckling its all normal. Lol. Thank god I have her to be honest. OH is just been so adorable with it all, I did another test yesterday to see if its really true! Haha. I've gone up on the CB to 3+ image

Look forward to getting to kow you ladies xxx
  • Options

Well, i don't seem to be feeling sick at all but in a way wish i was as that is a sure sign of feeling pregnant, although i have heard its a sign of a healthy baby to feel sick. I never felt sick with my other two and they are fine. First craving today....curry of all things,lol.

• Options

Hi All, congratulations to you all image I am 4+4 today. I got my BFP on Thursday, tested again yesterday and today all +. Still not been to Dr's though. I had to have infertility treatment for this baby, which is our first, so ling awaited. Just have all my fingers and toes crossed that it stays.

Like all of you, I am trying to 2nd guess every symptom I have. But to be honest I felt like I had more symptoms the months I wasn't pregnant than what I have now. I have AF like cramps, usually more on one side but also in the middle, every day. My breasts are tender, not sore, with a few veins. Vague, vague nausea when I wake up in he morning and also when I am hungry and finally feeling HUNGRY all the time! I am eating a lot more and some days it's barely touching the sides. I have kept up my exercise to take this into account ha ha, but also plan on exercising throughut pregnancy, even if it is just a dog walk image

Congratulations once again to you all... I am sure in a few weeks when we have our heads down the toilet bowl we will be looking back at this and wishing image x x

• Options

Congrats to you and good luck for a healthy preganancy Flutterby 2. Just to say exercise is good especially gentle exercise. Don't do sit ups under any circumstances!!! I had a gym teacher teaching me with my second pregnancy, she made me do sit ups and at the time i felt something snatch...next day i miscarried,could have been unfortunate but i blame her because people have since told me i should never have done that. Guess we all need to remember that especially first 3 months it is very delicate and we should be mindful of that. My husband won't even have sex yet as he is too worried.

When we have all waited for this special time to happen to us it seems we don't want anything to burst our bubble, so try to make time for rests and walks. 

• Options

Thanks for that advice. We do a lit of sit ups in Pilates but was thinking of leaving that class anyway as I also felt that there was too much pulling on my tummy. I have only done 1 class last week but will switch to just the gym from now on image I agree, I have waited a long time for this and will do whatever is in my power tos top anything happening, the rest I will have to place in someone else's hands.

I read around a lot and was told gentle exercise was good so that was plan all along. I only do 30 minutes of brisk walk and some weights but as I am prone to gaining weight easily I hope to keep it up as long as possible, especially as I am eating like a horse these days ha ha.

How far along are you?

I don't seem to be going to the loo that much at all (no more than normal anyway) but I have had an awful break out of spots on my face (very unlike me, even pre-AF it was onlt ever one or two, now I have around 10)!

• Options

Hi, i am now just 7 weeks, but had an early scan done on wed due to previous health issues. It was amazing to see a tiny heart beat and a little blob floating in a sack, so i am not taking any chances now it seems really real. Hubby still can't believe it.

Yes i have spots too all over my chin and usually i don't get any. I think get a pregnancy book which has a few safe exercises is best, some pilates is good for pelvic floor. I read though that 2 to 3 times a day when you go to the loo to stop half way throough strengthens pelvic floor muscles.

• Options
    Hey ladies,

Just wondering if anyone else is getting period type cramps? The last four days I've been getting them, they last roughly 5mns and then totally disappear. They are quite painful, I don't have any bleeding or spotting but it is starting to worry me. My sister keeps telling emits normal and it's stretching pains but should hey be this often?

Hope everyone is doing well so far xxxx
  • Options
    Hey, I had similar thing last week and from what I have read it is normal as it is the uterus stretching or something?! I don't have many symptoms still though think there are small things like feeling quite bloated and tired! No sickness or anything which should be grateful for. Also don't have sore boobs which seems to be common symptom!
  • Options

Yes i have had cramps on and off some days a few sharpe twinges, other days nothing. Been doing some jobs, then when i get a few niggles i sit down and rest. Always worrying at the mo!

• Options
    Ah good glad I'm not alone, I will just keep an eye initial. Luckily I work on maternity ward so if anything I can speak to midwives if it gets worse.

I'm the same too Scottie I don't have sore boobs at all and the nausea has calmed down the past two days, hope it stays that way as it was horrible and don't want to be feeling that way on our holiday next week.

Do you ladies have a booking in apt yet? Xxx
  • Options

Wed 10th!  Have already had bloods done and internal scan at 6+5 weeks.

• Options

I have hardly any symptoms at all and that makes me even more paranoid. I have taken a million tests and all have been positive but doesn't stop me worrying.

The only thing I have had is the cramps, not really cramps more like dull aches or twinges (its either one or the other), I am a teacher so not as easy to sit down but I have been if I feel a particularly sharp one (which I did today). Am super paranoid, I am only 5 weeks and this was a much wanted pregnancy (had to go through hormone treatment to conceive).The only other symptom is severe hunger!

I am off to see the Dr on Thursday. Whilst I am Bristish, DH and I moved to the Middle East 4 years back, so I will go through a different system than you guys. Hopefully he will confirm everything and I can ask a few questions that are worrying me.

Wishing you all the best x

• Options
    Wow bet that was amazing, is this your first bambino bump? Xxx
  • Options

No, my third but its been 10 years since did the baby thing. Had problems before so they scanned me early. It was pretty amazing seeing it and a heartbeat though...still worry though!

• Options
    Are you still living in the Middle East now flutter bye? I lived in Egypt & Tunisia from 2010 until Feb this year xxx
  • Options
    Well huge congrats Bambino seems was a long journey to us point hope you have a very H&H 9months xxxx
  • Options

Yeah still in the Middle East, have no plans of returning to the UK anytime soon. Love it here.

How far along are you Nainai3007?

• Options
    Still very early for me just 6wks, wishing time away just to get to scans etc. so how does it work there, when will you have your first scan? Xx