Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just been to Docs

Went for my first appointment at doctors and even though I thought my EDD was 11th June due to having a 34 day cycle, he has put me at 6th June so who knows! Also won't have another appointment until my scan which is bit disappointing as thought would have midwife appointment before then. Anyone else having to wait?

Replies

• Me and i am stressing!! So far they have cancelled me 3 times. First midwife app on Wed.

Due 27th May

• Oh no bambinobump, that's really bad they keep cancelling though least it sorted for Wednesday! Will you get your scan then too?
  • Hi, i had a scan at 6 plus 5 weeks because i am under a consultant! it was lovely to see and hear heartbeat but am only 7 weeks now and its going really slow. Because of health issues i just want to get to 12 weeks am really on edge.image

• I desperate too to get to 12 weeks though it's more that it still hasn't sunk in yet tbh and also not telling anyone until scan. It's my first and super paranoid that something going to go wrong! I keep telling myself that the time will fly in as it always does when other people I know tell me their pregnant but think feels like dragging when actually happens to you lol!
  • Its soooo dragging, i hate it.

• I have my first mw appt on the 15th Oct so looking forward to that, I am also very nervous and anxious to get to 12 weeks and see my baby as only got to 8 weeks before which was devastating. I am doing all I can to rest up but it isnt easy with a 19month old to look after. Lets hope it goes quickly for us all to have our first scan and then we can relax and enjoy it a little bit.xx

• Aah Scottie, I have the same EDD as you image saw my GP on Friday, she was pretty useless to be honest. Lol.

I self referred to the maternity hospital I work in, have first midwife apt on 16th but had to change it as oh and I on holiday from 15th to 27th. Looking forward to relaxing especially at these early stages. So first midwife apt now 31st on scan 3wks later image

Hope it goes quickly too apricotmoon, just want to know everything is ok xxxx
  • Hi ladies,

I too won't see my MW until 12 week scan as is the new protocol where I live! It's rubbish image

Time is really dragging and as I have very little (if not no) symptoms I really want the next few weeks to pass ASAP! I've got a scan tomorrow so keeping my fingers crossed!

Xx
  • I am same too with not that many symptoms, have a few niggles here & there but nothing major though should probably be happy not being sick etc but makes me worry irrationally that something wrong!!!
  • Has anyone been to see their MW yet?  x

• Hi yes, i went yesterday at 7 + 3, it was nice to get the paper work sorted out but no date for scan yet.image

• Hi

I went last thursday to arrange an early scan, booking appointment is on the 15th Nov.....roll on beginning of December.

Time isn't flying by.

Xxxxx
  • Gosh this waiting feels like its taking forever, seriously considering a private scan! Its a good job I haven't the cash! x