Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sending me to the epau

Just been to see my dr after having some spotting on and off for a few days. She was really lovely and told me not to panic but she will phone epau at lunch to get me an appointment in next couple of days. I'm not full on bleeding and the spotting has been pink not red, and I've only got the same on and off cramps as I've had since finding out which I've put down to stretching. Got 3+ on cbd again last night (a reassurance test lol). But I'm still so scared!!!!! On my way to work and just feel a total mess. I'm pleased that she has listened to me and is doing something but I'm dreading the worst image xxxxxxxx

Replies

• Oh dear Losalou, I do feel for you. At least your Dr was really nice and you have the referreal to the epau. Just try and be as calm as possible and look after yourself. If it gets any worse then go and see the Dr again. Stress doesn't help so try and pop your feet up and relax (I know it is probably the last thing you think you could do) but that's what you need to do.

I have had really bad tummy pain and bad back all day. As I haven't had any spotting I haven't gone to the Dr about it. I have my first appointment with the Dr tomorrow afternoon and am going to bring it up with him. I asked a Dr friend about it today though, and she said that it was to do with me getting stressed ,so I came home straight from work and have been sat on the sofa ever since. Still have back pain but tummy is much better.

Look after yourself Hun x

• Lisalou, sorry to hear about the spotting. I know it is easier said than done (I'm being hypocritical as I would be same) but please do not stress. I spotted for the first 12 weeks of my last pregnancy and I now have a very healthy (and today, challenging) little girl!

Its good that your dr has arramged for you to go to EPU and I hope they see you soon so your mind can't be put at ease.

Our pregnancies are in the lap of the gods. All we can try and do is relax and keep ourselves as healthy as possible.

Big hugs to you and your bean!

Xxx
  • Gosh how many errors in my message! I meant mind CAN be put at ease! Sorry using blackberry and prone to errors! X
  • Hi girls. Thanks for your replies. I'm going in at 9.45 tomorrow, they said it could be a few hours, and I'm not to eat or drink anything after 7?!? Think I am 5+5 tomorrow so not sure if much can be seen on a scan but my dates are not exact due to a weird cycle after the pill. Just can't wait for tomorrow now to hopefully get some reassurance/answers. I will keep you updated. Xxxxx
  • All the best for tomorrow lisalou, we will all be thinking about you.x

• I'm back. Had a scan where they confirmed I was pregnant and it wasn't ectopic, but they dated me at only 5 weeks but prob just short of that. They obviously didn't see a baby, or even a yolk sac, just the sac and that was all. She said it all looks perfectly normal for a pregnancy of just under 5 weeks, however this hasn't reassured me as it doesn't add up with my dates. This would mean I got my bfp at not even 3 weeks pregnant and got my 3+ on cbd at only 4+1. They took bloods but didn't tell me what for or if I'll get any results and are rescanning in 2 weeks. So back to waiting! Had loads of tears since I got home, oh being really positive and telling me not to over think it, but I just can't help the feeling that it doesn't add up and wondering how to pass the next two weeks! Xx
  • Hey Lisalou,

Sorry you haven't got the reassurrance you were after. Reading your post further up the thread you say your cycle could be all over the shop due to coming off pill. This may explain why things aren't as far advanced.

They probably would have taken bloods to check your HCG levels and to check they correspond. CBD's a) aren't that reliable with the conception bit and b) only give an indication of HCG. You may just have fast rising HCG which doesn't necessarily make bean grow any quicker.

I had scan yesterday and they said bean was small for my dates but my cycles are not the normal 28 days. A day really does make a big difference in the beans development and can be the difference in seeing a yolk sac or not and between seeing a heartbeat or not. Eg you could go at 5.6 and not see heartneat and go following day and see it.

Keep positive! Stay calm.

Big hugs xxx
  • Hey.

Glad your doc was so good at getting you an appt with epu.

Sorry it wasn't as positive as youd hope but please try relax with your feet up and a cuppa.

I've been in your position with both my pregnancys, it can be normal for this stage everything experienced and scan results.

Look after yourself.

Fingers crossed.

• Thank you for your replies. I am being looked after by my oh, as we both had the day off we are going to pick ds up from school and go out for a family tea. Back to work tomorrow but just going to try and stay positive for the next two weeks and look forward to hopefully seeing my bean. If something is going to happen it will, and I can't stop it, all I can do is my best (will see how long I can make this pma last!).

Hope everyone else is well! Xx
  • That's a very good way to think, I've learnt that from experience.

I love going out for family tea too, always does the job to brighten the day image

Two weeks will fly by!

Keep us posted.

• I agree with Baby Boom ,there's a lot to be said for having a PMA!

Let us know how you get on, try not to worry too much about dates etc, what matters is that you are pregnant, take it easy & relax if you can xx