Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013

Spotting is back, could just cry :(

I'm stuck at work with no chance of afternoon off (asked for it earlier in the week but too short staffed) and my spotting has come back. Pink just like before, it's like it's on and off every day or 2. Also got backache and mild cramps but had these all along too. Early scan yesterday dated me at 5 weeks or maybe just under although I was thinking I was more like 6, and I have to wait two weeks to be scanned again. Just hate seeing it back and it has scared me. At least it's the weekend after today so I can put my feet up but I'm so scared that I might be leaving you all image Don't worry about a reply, this is just venting how I feel image xxxx

Replies

• Ohhhhh....why is mother nature so cruel to us sometimes image

I can't believe work won't give you some time off....you should be at home resting. Some companies have no consideration towards their staff.

I won't say don't worry(cause I would if I was in your shoes) when you do get home have a take away and put your feet up.

It's gonna be a long weekend but I hope everything turns out ok for you and your little bean.

Take care xxxxx
  • Poor you. I have everything crossed for you.

I have had some spotting today so off to the epu tomorrow for an early scan so I know how you feel. Not good but very common I have heard.

Xxx
  • Thanks ladies. It's completely stopped again now, it just keeps stopping and starting and confusing me. Good luck for your scan mrs cake, how many weeks are you now? Hope you get some reassurance. Oh and my mum keep saying everything will be fine and we are probably just having an awkward little girl, lol. I have read everywhere how normal it can be, but it's still scary when it happens to you. Glad we have each other on here to understand though. Wish I could just wave a magic wand and take us all straight to 12 weeks! Xx
  • Lisalou and Mrscake I really hope all will be ok with you and it is just one of those unexplained things. I hope both scans go well for you and there are happy little beans in there.x

• Hi there, I can sympathise with you as I had a mc with my first pregnancy but it started with a heavy flow of red blood no spotting then my second pregnancy I had light bleeding and spotting throughout thye entire preganacy which I found extremely worrying.  However I had a big healthy baby boy.  What I am trying to say is that not all bleeding means you will lose your baby but I know how worrying it is.  Try and have a restful weekend at least and try and relax (not easy I know)  I hope it all settles down for you soon xxx

• Thanks for your reassurance ladies. Just going to rest as much as I can this weekend and see it as a couple of days closer to my next scan at the epau xx
  • How are you feeling today?

• Hi hope you are not worrying too much, very difficult I know! I had spotting on and for first 4 months last pg as did a friend of mine. We both ended up with healthy babies. When I had mc it was a heavier flow so am sure all ok. It is poss worth keeping track of spotting and stay in touch with docs. Don't just wait for the scan in two weeks if more spotting they may be able to move it forwards whatever they may have told you! I wAs completely panicked when had spotting and went to docs every time. There Are lots and lots of reasons for spotting and it is surprisingly common. Fingers crossed for you x
  • How are you doing Lisalou? Has the spotting stopped? Thinking of you x

• Hi. Thanks for asking, well I still have another 6 days until my scan so feel like I'm climbing the walls at times! The spotting hadn't stopped but it is only ever a tiny bit of brown now, had one episode of red couple of days after scan and rang epu but they just said if it gets as bad as a period call back, it stopped pretty quick though. Some days feeling more positive than others. Nausea has kicked in this week too and I'm struggling to stay awake half the time, do in that respect I def feel pregnant but just wish the scan would hurry up as I'm really anxious. Xx
  • Oh Hun, I know the waiting can feel like an eternity. Its good that the bleeding has stopped & even better that you are feeling sick & tired, as thats a really good sign that your hormones are going into overdrive. I bled with my 1st on & off, we never found out why, apparently it just sometimes happens but is more common than you'd think. Don't be afraid to bug  your MW & push for extra scans if you are at all worried.

Try & keep positive if you can, plan some fun stuff in for the weekend to help the time pass & take your mind off things. Before you know it your scan date will arrive. Thinking of you & remember we are always here if you need to vent ((hugs)) xx

• Thank you so much for your kind words, and for everyone on here who has posted. Means a lot and it's great to have a place to vent where people understand. I am going to visit my step sister on Saturday afternoon, she moved to uni last month and she just had her birthday so we are going for a family meal and shopping trip. So the weekend will fly by (as always! Lol) and then there are only 3 working days until the scan xx
  • Have fun Lisalou x
  • hi how did ur scan go ?

• how are things LisaLou84?

• Hi girls. Thanks for checking on me. I did update with another post but guess I should have updated here too! (also in case this ever comes up as a google search result as I lived off other peoples stories during those couple of weeks and was always horrible when they didn't say how it all worked out!). My second scan was lovely, saw bean with a lovely heartbeat and measuring 7w 2d, so it had done a little bit of catching up. I even got a picture (although it only looks like a fuzzy blob, but it's our fuzzy blob, lol). Def feeling preggo now, well... ill at least. Hating the sickness as I have anxiety issues about being sick but as I am 8 weeks tomorrow I'm focussing on counting down to when it should be easing off. Hope all of you are doing well. Lots of love xx
  • Great news!

Xxx