Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can confirm I am preggers lol

Seen my GP on Friday who has confirmed I am pregnant but not sure how far along. Spoke to the midwife yesterday and due to my worries (3 miscarriages and 1 stillbirth) I am struggling to get my head around this pregnancy as it just seems to have happened too easily, textbook conception. I am scared it will all be snatched away from us. She has booked me into EPAU on Thursday morning (8:30am) as a reassurance. I think I am only around 5 weeks so (like last time) not expecting to see a hearbeat but just want to know everything is as well as it can be for this stage. They will give me another appointment for 7 weeks to come and see a heartbeat. I am also going to be picking up my clexane injections Thursday as I have Lupus Anticoagulant. It causes my blood to thicken in pregnancy which in turn causes clots and causes miscarriages. We found this out after our third early loss. I also want to ask for bloods to check HCG levels but unsure on how to approach this with the hospital? As for symptoms sore boobs, headaches, sooooo tired, nausea....but on my last baby I had ZERO symptoms but she was born healthy 13 months ago. (Just to reassure those not having symptoms)

I am 25 years old and this is my 7th pregnancy! Jusst hoping our Baby Roo stays safe so that we can meet him/her in June. 

Replies

• Options

Hope all goes well for you image

• Options

Bless you hun what a ordeal you have been through, no wonder you are aprehensive. Its good that your MW is taking you seriously & offering you support with the extra scans. Its a good idea about asking to check the HCG levels, Im sure the hospital will understand if you mention it to them,

I hope this little bean is super sticky for you sweetie, I dont really have any other advice other than to say that we are all hear for you if you want to vent or are unsure & want a seccond opinion, and they do say that every pregnancy is different so there is every chance that this one will be text book perfect for you xx