Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

who have you told?

Hey all, Hope everyone is good and beans are snuggled tight. Thought id start a fresh thread to get everyone chatting together as its a lil quiet! image So who have you told about baby? Or when do you plan to tell people and how? X

Replies

• My mum, sister, my best friend and a friend in New york 

I really want to tell poeple but am scared

• Initially I told my mum and sister and best friend, but now a few of my work colleagues and boss know now as I had terrible pains at work a few days ago and had to leave to go to epu. I work on the labour ward in a maternity hospital so a couple of the midwives I'm friendly with took me to the clinic for early scan.

I'm busting to tell everyone but waiting until I get to 12wk scan then I will explode! Hehe
  • My husband haha of course, and my sister - she may well have told her husband. That is it for now, I feel really bad not telling my mum and dad, but last time when it ended in mc everyone in my family knew as they were all visiting and I wasnt drinking. Being Irish this is not a normal behaviour for family get togethers so I had to tell them. When I lost the baby I was glad they knew as they all supported me. I hope to have my 12 week scan and tell my immediate family by Christmas, everyone else after 20 weeks,x

• Apricot - after 20 weeks! Won't bump give you away?

I told a few last time as I had problems with bleeding and ended in mc so I was glad ppl knew although I didn't want there support, it was nice.

This time our parents know and my best friend and a work friend. Telling my boss next week maybe although after my recent mc I don't get on with her due to her poor handling of my mc, so might wait longer. We'll see.

I'm happy no-one knowing actually and don't feel the need to tell anyone this time. image
  • Hi everyone so far my closest friends know ( I didn't know whether to tell them but see them all the time and would have been hard to hide not drinking) I have also told a couple of workmates including boss as feel need people to moan too when tired etc lol! Is so hard not telling family but determined to wait until 12wk scan! X
  • Hi All, Hubby of course, both our sets of parents (couldn't tell one without the other), 2 very close work colleagues (one had to inject me with a hormone shot for fetility last month so would be difficult to avoid otherwise) and one close friend. Other than that I am planning on telling everyone around 14 weeks/Christmas time. I am a teacher and close to some of my classes, so will tell them after the Christmas holiday I hope, if they don't guess before hand image

I want to shout it from the rooftops but am also very cautious as first pregnancy X x

• We haven't told anyone yet. We might wait till after my first midwife appointment on 7th November then tell our parents and my sister. Probably wont last that long though as my husband will never last that long without telling his parents!
  • Everyone! Well, we didn't our darling DD1 did, just too excited to keep it quiet. We cannot control what is going to happen so I am going to try not to worry about it, a bit difficult after 4 losses but just have to be positive 

• My oh obviously and 2 of my shift leaders due to my job, I work with children with challenging behaviours and one can be violent
  • Torch - oops! Monkey. Lol fingers crossed for you. X
  • Babyboom I wont be given away with baby bump as my family and friends all live in Ireland and I am in England and noone is visiting me until Christmas by which time I will tell them anyway...well that is the plan but who knows what will happen between now and then. I talk to my mum every day on the phone and have almost forgotten myself a couple of times, I hate lying but it is for the best til we know all is well.x

• Apricot - oh I see. image I was going to say you must be super clever at hiding bump! Lol Are you over in England? For work or did you just move?
  • We've not told anyone yet either, will wait for 12 wk appointment. I can't tell work as I have a regrade going through which will be scuppered if they find out. We nearly told SIL last week as we are swapping baby clothes with her for my DS who's 23months. She mentioned her friend is due in Feb & wants to borrow the 0-6 clothes. We didnt have the guts to say we may need them ourselves!

• Babyboom I initially moved over for work, but then met my husband and we have just settled here, my sister married a guy from England so we moved to be close to them. I would love to go back to Ireland but just no work for me in my home town.

Mamankabba you will have to get those clothes back especially if you are having another boy, or just keep stalling giving them clothes til you are able to tell them.x

• Apricot - oh that's a shame you can't get work. It's nice you have your sister over too. X
  • Just DH. Will probably be telling a colleague (We've been talking about TTC) My mum asks me when we are going to have another one pretty much every time she calls, lol so I'm not sure how long I'm going to keep it a secret!!!

• Minnie - your mum will be over joyed with the news....you gotta tell her soon! image x
  • so far only some of my old Baby Expert Due In moms, my boss and one collegue at work, and my sister now knows after an impromptu hosp trip to the A& E where she works!! ops!

We dont plan on telling the mums till the 23rd Nov, we are taking DD to HArrods to see Santa and we are going to get her to tell them in some way.We'll be 10+6 by then! Im thinking a Tshirt that says something along the lines of Big Sister to be?!

We'll then tell 3friends that weekend and the rest after the 12 week scan!

• Lib - that sounds like a great idea to tell mums! X
  • Eek my oh wants to tell mums on thursday because his mum is moving and cant decide which house and one would be closer so he wants to tell her