Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First scan =)

Hello. I had my first scan today, I am 5+1 which puts my due date at 19th of June. Although I will go in at 38 weeks. We didn't seen anything today apart from a sac but it was a beautiful sac lol. I have an appointment to go back in 2 weeks to see a heartbeat and I have started on clexane (I have lupus anticoagulant which causes small clots to form in my placenta and casues miscarriages) so that is a weight lifted. 

Hope you are all well =)

Replies

• Hi sounds like good news then, you should prob see heartbeat next time! I am also on Clexane and should have had it before but they didn't know i had protein c deficiency then. i have only just managed to stop getting bruises from the injections,also on asprin. Have you had clexane before?

• Wow that's good news all round. Congratulations! X
  • Great news, I'm so pleased for you, what a relief x

• Bambinobump wrote (see)

Hi sounds like good news then, you should prob see heartbeat next time! I am also on Clexane and should have had it before but they didn't know i had protein c deficiency then. i have only just managed to stop getting bruises from the injections,also on asprin. Have you had clexane before?

Hi Bambinobump, 

Yes I have had clexane before, in all my pregnancies, this is the 4th time for me. You do get used to where to inject to avoid bruises. I have been injecting for 4 days now and so far no bruise but I am sure that wont last lol x