Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013

Nesting!!!

Hello ladies,

I've had the urge to rececorate simce my preg has been confirmed..i've changed my lounge..new wallpaper..new carpet....my hubby thinks im mad..anyone else experiencing this...

Replies

• Hey,

Yes I want to decorate my lounge, hallway, kitchen and a bedroom! Lol I had this with my dd too so early which I did end up decorating my hallway.....bad idea, ended up bleeding and not finishing it (hubby rubbish at decorating!) For months! So this time I'm resisting until next year anyway lol

The cleaning bug started with me about 32 weeks.

• I wish I was that organised. We are trying to figure out where we'll put everything, I work from home & we have a 3 bed house. My 23 monh old son has one room, I work in the other spare room so the baby will have to shack up with my son or I will have to work in the kitchen...eek!

• lol im only 6 weerks gone x Im starting on my nursery soon...I already bought a nursding chair and stool from ebay for £50!!

• Ooo simi your brave! I dare get my maternity clothes and doppler out of the loft never mind buy stuff and start on nursery!! After my mc I'm just in limbo still till I hear a heartbeat!

• I know..i bought a little blue outfit today..and got a telling off from my mum..she knows i really want a boy and told me to stop setting myself up for a fall..but really i don't mind..a new baby is a blessing..but I can feel it's a boy.. silly i know xx

• Lol....what ya like! Gosh. Your mums right I hate to say lol

But having said that with dd I knew from day one she was a girl and when they told me at scan they think she was a girl my reply was "yes, that's right" lol BUT I never had a preferance so had no thought in my head, it was a sequence of events which made me know she was a girl. So you may be right! But still your buying early....Christmas sales are going to be a major expenses for you as your easily tempted lol

Is this your first?

• Lol..I have 2 wonderful daughters...I adore them but a little boy would complete my family image I am a shopaholic lol...

• Oh now I see why a boy is in your mind! Lol

Are you going to get a private sex scan early just to find out? Or wait and miss the January sales!! image
  • I am expecting my third as well simi28 only I am the  opposite to you!  I already have 2 boys of 3 (tomorrow)  and nearly 10.  I am not at all bothered by which I have this time, a girl would be nice but I wont be disappointed if it is a boy.

• I've already booked in for a private scan at 16 weeks in leeds..can't wait!!!

• Lol simi that's so funny! A true shopaholic!

In Leeds....where are you?
  • I live in Bradford image

• Oh not far from me - York.
  • baby boom would u consider having one x

• A early sex scan? Yeah! Lol When I had dd I had a 4d scan at 30 something weeks, although it was "amazing" the technology coz she wasn't in a optimal position it was still fantastic to have another scan! But there a lot of money aren't they! We've got a baby bond here in York and also a centre just outside where our obs cons from hospital work privately scanning.

How much is your scan if you don't mind me asking? image
  • Baby boom it's £69.99 - which is not toobad what do you think ??

• Oooo, you guys are not too far from me either, brough just outside hull, lots of yorkshire people due in June! Lol. X
  • I am County Durham not too far away either. We take flights from Leeds.

• Apricot - my in laws live near you, Bishop Auckland, witton castle.

Lisa - not far at all....my friend lives near hessel.

Real northern June group. Let me start a thread see where everyone is image

Simi - yeah not to bad, my 4d was summart like ??190!