Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Horrid Day - Bleeding

Have had a horrible day! After having a great pregnancy so far, woke up this morning to some light bleeding. It was only when wiping and very pale pink (almost like the start of my AF) but noticable. It has since stopped, but I do have pretty bad cramps (sharp pains every now and then on my left side).

I went to my Dr who did an ultrasound. The gestational sac is still there but I am not yet 7 weeks so not much can be seen inside. I have repeated my blood test and am waiting to hear the result. He signed me off work for 2 days and told me to rest and the rest was really in Gods hands.

I was already on progesterone tablets as it was an assisted pregnancy and that's what they prescribed so there was nothing more he could do. He was very sweet and kind but not overly positive.

Have all my fingers and toes crossed that everything will be ok

Sorry, I just needed to get it out in the open as sat on sofa crying x

Replies

• Keep positive!

It's not game over, keep resting. I had bleeding red and period flow twice with my dd and all was ok!

Your doc sounds a lot better than Nhs care here lol

• I dont have much advice but I just wanted to tell you to take care x

• Thank you Babypie and BabyBoom.

My Dr just called and said my BHCG levels have increased to 7000+ when it was 2000+ last week (weds). The bleeding has stopped, still have cramps but hoping that it is just baby burying further in. Dr advised I go back in a weeks time for another blood test to confirm that levels are still going up and hopefully it will be ok.

Just knowing you ladies are here to listen is such a wonderful thing, thank you x x

• That's fantastic news!! Fingers crossed.

image I love the bond on the due in groups to, its lovely to have some one there all the time who understands. X
  • Glad things seem to be ok for you flutterby, and I agree your doctor does sound so lovely. I hope the cramps and bleeding stops soon and you can get back to enjoying your pregnancy.x

• How are you doing now? Bleeding is horrible (I've had brown and pink spotting for 3 weeks now) but so many people seem to have had some sort of bleed and had healthy babies, so just rest and think positive (easier said than done I know). Thinking of you xx