Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sickness anyone?

Hi ladies. Just wondering how everyone is feeling? Since my scan on thurs I just seem to have felt awful. Ended up taking Friday off work. Supposed to be at our friends daughters 1st birthday party today but not sure I'm going to make it as just feel constantly like I'm going to be sick image I have a massive anxiety about being sick too which has ment I've kind of trained my body to stop myself being sick so this is probably not helping! I had horrible sickness when I was pregnant with ds, but thought I was getting away lightly this time. Dreading work next week (work in a lab in the hospital so being surrounded by strangers bodily fluids isn't always the niceset). I'm eating bland and little but often which helped at first but now not much is having an effect. I'm 7+4 today and dreading it getting worse xxxx

Replies

• Hi lisalou84, sorry to hear you're feling so sick. I'm 13+6 and its starting to wear off now. I got some ginger sweets from Holland & Barrett, although they were quite strong I'd just have a litle at a time, they really helped. Also, I bought some sick bags, although I didn't ever have to use them. I used to get really back panic attacks when I was younger and as I now have a good hour commute to work I was terrified of being sick in public, just having the bags there helped as I knew I could use them if I needed to.

Hopefully your sickness won't last too long xxx

• Hello,

I am really sick image. I was signed off work all last week as throwing up 4-5 times a day, not fun! I had the same with my daughter so I was expecting it but hoping it wouldn't be as bad, oh well!

I totally sympathise, it is truly awful!!

Xx
  • I am feeling awful. image I haven't been sick yet but I feel sick and lightheaded all day and night for the past 4 days. I am only 6 +1 so it's only gonna get worse. It's like having constant sea sickness. I have had this with all my previous pregnancies and I hate itimage I too have a terrible fear of being sick which doesn't help. Apart from that I have very sore breasts and I feel like I am full of wind and very bloated. I am feeling rather fed up to be honest image
  • So sorry that we are all feeling yuck image At least we are in it together so if any of us need to moan we can get some understanding here. It's just so awful feeling like this and knowing its not going to pass in a couple of days like if you had a bug. Hope it passes really quickly for us all! This is truly a horrible feeling xxxx
  • It's like sea sickness horrible image
  • Yes it is! I don't do boats for this exact reason! Lol. Trying to explain it to oh, best I could come up with was saying its like a hangover except without the enjoyment of getting drunk beforehand. Just knowing you should eat to help it, but nothing is appealing and you feel drained. Xx
  • It is the worst! And you are right knowing its just going to go on and on is horrible! Doing last time was ba enough but now with a toddler its really hard. No rest!

It makes me so thankful for good health the rest of the time!

Poor us! We need as much sympathy as possible because it sucks and most people even women don't get it.

Xx
  • I've been feeling sick on the mornings i've had to get up early but not been sick which is worse for me, drinking water has been helping and then a piece of toast
  • 'Morning' or 'All Effing Day' sickness as I like to call it is pants!!

Completely agree with the knowing you should eat to ease it but not having any idea what you actually want to eat! its so exhausting! and tierdness only makes it worse for me!!

Here's to next trimester when we can eat more and hoefully enjoy it!