Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013

heavy bleeding

Hi all I've had black-brown discharge for over 2weeks, I've had 2 scans both showing baby is fine although I do have a cyst on my right ovary. Anyway, I've been out this morning and when I came home I had a massive loss of red blood, no clots no pain. I can't get an appointment til Friday in the epu but I can go to A&E (there is a 4-5hr wait) What should I do?? Is it another mc? Is it normal?

Replies

• Hi Sandybaby18, sorry to read this, its such a wrorrying time isnt it.

I dont know about you, but our A&E wont be able to do too much (check cervix is closed and take bloods) byt they cant scan or anything, does your EPU have a sit and wait or first come first served clinic at all?

• Hi sandybaby, what did you decide in the end? If you are really worried then get yourself to A&E, they might be able to fast track you to the EPU, I know they do where I live. It's reassuring you have seen bean despite some bleeding already though. I really really hope for you that everything is alright. Xxxxxx
  • Fingers crossed for you chick. image

• Hi all

Thanks for the support, I got admitted last night I had an internal and its showing the womb is still closed.....which is a good sign. Dr cleaned my cervix up but wasn't sure what is causing the bleeding.

Our epu is only open til 12 so I'm sitting and waiting hoping they will be able to fit me in. Otherwise it's another day if not knowing what is going on image

I've got everything crossed xxxxx
  • thats good that they managed to check you out and the cervix being closed is a good sign x

Our EPU is the same! works 9-12! its 1st come 1st served. I got there at 9.30 and there were 25 infront! :-0

hopefully you wont have lon to wait ! let us know how you get on x

• I'm home .....but with a few more grey hairs!!

Baby is fine image

I have a bleed adjacent to my gestation sac, and that's what's causing all the bleeding.

I've now been refer to see the consultant.

I'm so relieved the baby is growing and its little heart is beating.

Thanks for all yout wishes......hope everyone is doing ok.
  • Awh thank god for that you must have been so scared, I am so glad all is ok.x

• It's so worrying but at the same time I didn't have any bad cramps as last time.....but I knew something wasn't right.

Least I know the baby is fine and growing image

How is everyone else feeling??

Xxxxxxx
  • Fingers crossed mine will be positive news like yours.

I'm so happy for you! Xx
  • Thankyou TM

I've got my fingers crossed for you. How are you this evening?
  • Still bleed when I go to the toilet but far less than yesterday. Nothing on pads but I have been lying down the whole time. Still feel weird by my pubic bone. Wonder if its my uterous stretching?

The bleed I had yesterday was like period bleed, it got heavier after she did the internal check.

I'm so scared. I hope I'm ok to fly home on say and get checked out.

How did u cramps feel? I took paracetamol yesterday an that helped a lot, today I've no had to take any
  • Oh dear, your not having a very good time, and its prob consuming all your thoughts.

I didn't have any tummy cramps all my pain was I'm my cervix!! All day yesterday I bled very heavy and had some early this morning, but nothing since.

I had come to accept what will be will be, and there's nothing I could do or could have done to prevent another mc. It's all out of our hands.

I'm sure you will be fine to fly home, who are you flying with, you could always contact guest relations to ask to be upgraded. Least you will have a more comfortable journey home.....I bet Saturday feels like a lifetime away.

Big hugs xx
  • I don't have tummy ramps either, just by my pubic bone. I know it's not ectopic as I had early scan and the sac was in my uterous.

I've basically been lying on the sofa and bed for the past two days.

So u only bled for 2 days?
  • I've had a brown/black discharged for over 2 weeks! Then went red yesterday....I've been on the sofa feet up the whole time. Today was my 3rd scan but the 1st time they've picked up on the bleed.

On all the scans baby has been fine, I had convinced myself yesterday I had a mc!! But everything turned out well in the end image

It's a very worrying and anxious time for you I'm hoping you and baby bump will be fine.....resting is the best thing to do, feet up, try and stay positive and lots of happy thoughts xxxxx
  • I still have blood today and am very scared. I really don't know what to do.

If I lie down then I'm fine as soon as I stand up I had niggles above my pubic bone on the right side.

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow so even if I had a scan they prob wont be able to pick anything up.

Did u bleed when u put ur feet up? I'm wearing a pad but not really any blood on it.
  • It's worst 1st thing in the morning (1st visit to the loo) and then it eased throughout the day.....and I've worn a pad to bed every night for the last 3 weeks. And depending how heavy I was 1st thing I might where a pad I'm the day.

After to speaking to lots of women bleeding in pregnancy is Sooooooo common but it just doesn't feel right or normal and it just adds more stress.

I totally understand the way your thinking and feeling, and there was nothing no one could say to ease my mind.

Least if you have a scan you will be able to see the sac.

Don't forget to contact the airline to upgrade your seats to come home.

Big hugs xxxxx
  • I burst out crying this morning as its been 3 days and I feel at a lost. I know there is nothing we can do but pray. I'm really hoping all will be ok and I'm taking hope from you and others who have had similar situations.

The scan is a whole week away. I could do one here but as I was only 5 weeks last Thursday they said there was no point as heartbeat won't be seen til nearly 6.5 weeks.

I don't really have anything on my pads. It's just wen I go to the toilet and blood gets pushed out.

It's definitely less than it was . Hoping it will not bleed on flight home.

I'm trying to stay positive but its so hard.

Xx