Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Christmas

Hello all, Hope your well. Well it seems to have gone quiet on here and my guess is everyone is finding these first weeks a long worrying wait till scan day.....so I thought let's start a topic everyone loves and knows!! So what's your plans for Christmas, what do you want from Santa, what you buying other half/kids? X

Replies

• This is a nice thread to start babyboom, although you didnt tell us your plans yet. DH and I decided once dd came along to have Christmas day at our house. I have a big Irish family and he has a big Lithuanian family who both want us with them, but I dont like the idea of dd waking up in a strange house and opening presents elsewhere then being dragged home later. So Christmas day is up early and open presents with dd, then mass, then call to my sister and husband for a coffee (normally champagne but not for me this year) then home to make christmas dinner, dd play with toys and eat way too much. DH and I cuddle up and watch tv movies thinking how lucky we are. We havnt gone crazy on toys either, I have bought one main gift from Santa and the rest are from dh and I and she will get stuff from family but I think christmas is about alot of things not just presents. Then boxing day is down at my sisters with her inlaws and dd opens her presents from them and have a great dinner. I  am stuffed thinking about it all, and ususally merry on red wine but am happy with decaf tea and a mince pie yummy.x

• what are your plans Baby boom?

We are at ours on Xmas day this yr with the inlaws over.. Xmas eve ours with my parents and my sis her husband and kids!

DD'd Bday is on Saturday so weve had to split pressies between Bday and Xmas. She has a Kitchen & Doll for Bday and a Pram fo xmas. Plus lots of little bits!

Boxing day at my sisters as it's my nephews Bday!

Apricot Moon that sounds a lovely festive period! xx

• We will be at home in the morning and my inland come over then in the afternoon we go over to my parents for dinner and stay over usually till Boxing Day. We only live 5 mins away but it's easier to stay then once the kids are tired they can go to bed and no one has to worry about driving home.
  • We hope to spend the morning at home just the three of us then after that we don't know yet! A few family shuffles going on at the moment so we will have to wait and see what happens!

I love Christmas so it's driving me mad!

Xx
  • Awww they all seem so nice. I love Christmas, I love the cheer and joy, everyones happy and its just so magical!! Well we give dd a present before bed on Christmas eve....pjs to sleep in. We stay at home and she opens presents while we have breakfast and a cuppa. Then my dad comes to collect me and dd to go to my grandads to wish him happy Christmas (he lives alone and isn't too well). Then dad takes me and dd back to his house (after trying for an hour to persuade my grandad to come for dinner but it doesn't work) and me and dd along with my brother and mum open more gifts, dh calls down just before dinner is served, we eat. Then open more gifts, talk and digest dinner. Then choc pudding. Then home for eastenders and dd bedtime! Boxing day we do nothing. X
  • I shall be working booo! Me and my work buddy are going to buy christmas jumpers from primark to have a little fun image x
  • I'm working nights image
  • Nevada and Dayc if you work this year you will get off next year when you have a little baby to enjoy Christmas! x

• Haha this is true!!! Plus il have some extra pennies to spend on the baby image
  • Boo to working!!

Luckily I work part time and luckily Christmas eve falls on my day off and I always get bank holidays off so super long break and sooooo glad as last year had to work Christmas eve and it was rubbish.....this year Mya is sooooo much more aware so loads of magical things to plan! Excited!
  • Christmas is a little different this year. We live in the Middle East but my DH parents and brothers and sisters live here too so we still get a family Christmas. Christmas dinner is usually at the in-laws (with other close friends - most dont have family out here so friends become family).

Anyway, this year we are having a Christmas dinner for 38 (including children). All family will be there and it is at a close friend of the families house (who is usually there for Christmas lunch at the inlaws). We are all bringing a dish and some bottles of wine etc (although decaf tea for me too). The morning DH and I will open our pressies from each other here, then we have two close friends joining us for a quick drink, then a 5 minute drive up to the inlaws to open presents there then across the road for lunch. Christmas day usually lasts in to the early hours with a wee party going on (and for some reason all the guys take to arm wrestling which has become a tradition ha ha). My BIL is in his early 20s and all his friends usually pop over to wish us all a happy Christmas. It is not the Christmas I was brought up with but it does distract me from missing home and my parents.

We are hoping next year that we can all go back to England for Christmas (my in-laws have a house just round teh corner from my parents). If not then Mum will come out here I hope although she has already booked her June holiday to meet the arrival ha ha.

We are lucky that even though it is a Muslim country, due to their national day being in December all the trees and buildings are decorated in fairy lights and the malls have Christmas tress and music playing so does feel festive. Just not very cold (cold for us at 10-15 degrees but not freezing like England). I do miss Christmas at home though.

I love Christmas and I love everyone's plans, its such a lovely time of year and a great thread BabyBoom x x