Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Had my booking in appt..

Yay..I had my booking in appt with the midwife..she went through all the usual..but then shocked me by saying i could opt for a natural burth AFTER 2 C sections!!! wow...i didn't even know  this was possible due to risk of tearing..im excited though..if this bean is full temrn and not premmie like last 2//it would be great to experience natural delivery ...due to my previous history of pre-eclempsia and placental abruption, i'll be under the consultants care..and scans every 2 weeks after 16 weeks image i get see more of baby xx

Replies

• wow! didnt know that was possilble. ive had 2 c sections, mostv recent one in January this year....expecting advice to be for another c section as my scar tissue is very thin...booking appt is 30th nov, feels like ages away!!!

• Hi image

I've just had mine, I haven't been feeling very well the last week.....the midwife assure me that everything is fine. I've got a consultant appointment tomorrow about my bleeding and I'm hoping to have another scan just for reassurance and to see how much baby bean has grown.

At the moment giving birth seems such a long long time away......but I would like a water birth image

Xxxxx
  • Yeah its possible for a vbac after 2 or more sections, its all about why you had a section, how long ago you had your last (2 years plus then vbac is normally advised if reason for section for example breech) etc.

Fingers crossed the cons give you all clear and you can have a vbac. That's my hopes too.....I've an appt 8th Feb to get the go ahead (hopefully!).

• P.s although my mw told me I could birth at home, but I had to correct her so be cautious that cons may take away your options and book elective section..