Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st trimester

Hi ladies I can't wait to get past the 12 week mark. I've felt dreadful since last week image constantly sick, upset tummy and I'm only out of bed for about 8hrs a day. Every thing I loved to eat I now hate....and the only thing I seem to enjoy are biscuits......which I never eat!! Hormones are funny things!! How is everyone else feeling? My midwife told me today my waist is getting bigger and my boobs are huge lol

Replies

• Options
    Lol....well there are some plus sides to 1st trimester.....huge boobs! I love mine....back to pre motherhood size and lift! image

I'm not suffering like you seem to be but I am looking forward to getting to scan date then the chance of mc drops significantly and I can be open about baby. That will be a huge weight off.....I'm struggling to keep quiet coz I'm getting sick of the whispers! Work mainly.

• Options

Gosh you do sound like you are having a rough time of it Sandybaby.

Like Baby Boom I have not been too bad. Have had rough days where I feel sickly and bad back and very emotional but they have been few and far between. I feel sicky most days but luckily not actually ever really sick. And like Baby Boom am happy with my bigger breasts.... mine were an A/B cup before and think within the next few weeks I will be needing to go bra shopping... actually will need to go clothes shopping full stop as everything is starting to feel very snug!

I also cant wait for the 12 week mark (2 more weeks to go), to have my scan, feel a litle more reassured about chances of mc and to be able to tell people. I also have whispers but more from the wider social circle (which I have ducked out of) than anything else. Luckily MIL is covering for me (we share the same social circle) and saying I am extremely busy at work.

Hope you start to feel better soon x

• Options
    That's the tricky bit isn't it flutterby hiding it between ten weeks and scan day! I'm bursting out of my clothes....it was jeans day at work yesterday for children in need and my only jeans that would go over my tummy had to be closed with a hair bobble!! Not good when a colleague says she likes them but "what's the waist band like?" Hmmmm they clearly know! Lol one week 2 days till scan image
  • Options

HA HA HA! Luckily my jeans are a pair of low-waisted GAP ones that sit just under what now appears to be my ever-expanding waist line! I have worn the same baggy black top to 3 seperate dinners to conceal the roll of fat that is supposed to be a baby bump.... thankfully I have an array of cardi's that I have flung over the top so nobody has said anything about my same jeans and top combo as it looks like a slightly different outfit!

I am trying to hold out from telling anyone at work until I get back after the Christmas holidays... we have a 2 day holiday Sunday & Monday of next week (In the middle east te working week starts on a sunday) and then we are back for just over 2 weeks and then off from the 13th Dec - 6th Jan so am desperately hoping that all my baggy tops don't give the game away!

Do you think people in work suspect you are pregnant? Only my line manager knows as she referred me to her fertility Dr and she has been great, covering a class when I thought I was going to throw up everywhere and understanding when I went home early one day last week as I just 'didn't feel right'. But my main boss doesn't know, am sure he has an idea something is up though from all my appointments and a week I took off for flu (and a small bleed). When are you planning on tellin work? x x

• Options
    That's lucky you have been able to hide bump, I'm struggling as I've always worn quiet fitted clothes so haven't many baggy things but been trying to slip a few new items into my wardrobe without ppl asking to much :/

Oh yes I'm sure everyone at work knows....once they start speculations and gossip it soon flys round and ends up been totally over the top....however lucky no-ones been brave enough to ask me yet I think that's coz of my recent mc. My boss doesn't know as I am still upset of her poor management of my mc so kinda keeping it from her outta spite so she has less time to replace me....if you see what I mean lol

Not going to actually tell work, but after scan (26th) then I'm going to be open about bump and if anyone gathers the courage to ask questions i'll answer image

Looking forward to it not been a secret....it will be a weight off.

Are you waiting while new year? Are you going to announce on fb?

• Options
    My boobs are rather large anyway......E cup and they are getting bigger my the day! Lol

I had jean on yesterday omg they were so uncomfortable, I can't believe some ladies go through pregnancy without knowing they are with child.

All my work know as I've been off for weeks and there were questions being asked why I was off and what is wrong and when will I be back!!!

I told one of my friends in the office I didn't mind them knowing so they were told when I was 8weeks.

Baby boom....bad show with your boss!! When I had my mc in august work were so supportive.

Are you looking forward to telling everyone? image
  • Options
    Really looking forward to telling everyone, can't wait just to get it off my chest.