Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

quick catch up...

hi

seems to be a slow moving board these days...shame!!!! The FB group is going strong tho so hope to chat to you there.

We all fine. Amelia is standing lots and pushes her little dolly pram everywhere. She is getting a real temper tho...quite funny really as she looks so silly getting all red faced and kicking her feet at me.

she went for a swim on Saturday and loved it. She was splashing and squealing. will get some video footage next time.

Others are all fine and well. lauren is in UK again for interviews for Uni... fingers crossed.

Joseph is coming up 5 end of April so planning his party bash. Wants a ben10 one....

Other than that its pretty quiet here. Getting warm but still nice enough to sit out.

Amelia caught the sun on her face the other week and I felt terrible so it was a trip to boots for lots of suncream in factot 1000 :lol:

Hope you are all well

d xxxxxxxx

Replies

• hi every one!!
    glad that you and amelia are doing well dee.

We are fine freya is walking every where now and has developed a propper little temper!!! but she is just so cute and funny. she is completely obessed with baby dolls, she calls them bubas and can spot them a mile off. all she does is walk around the house with one under each arm, she also likes to feed them with a pretend bottle and even makes drinking sound effects, soo cute!!!

She will be one next monday and we are having a big party for her on the sat and inviting all her baby friends. phoebe is also in a ballet show next week at the local theatre, i cant wait ot see my little ballerina dancing about on stage!!!

hope that every one else is well. xxxx
  • ohh you will have to post pics of the ballet and the birthday...

d xxx
  • Hey,
    I can't work FB I am a bit of a ditz so i'm always on here but everyone else seems to have flown the nest!

Lol @ the factor 1000 I did the same last year when we had the tiniest smidgen of sun- Northern Ireland hardly the same as Bahrain!

Ellie is walking with her little pram & said 'mummy' & 'daddy' yesterday & has been babbling ma ma ma maaaamy all morning so i'm chuffed to bits! Apart from her eating & feeding she is great & has learnt to clap her hands & blow kisses when asked & dances all day long as soon as she hears music she's jiving away!
    Just getting our flat sorted, have been up the past few nights stripping the paper so going up tonight to finish the living room then start prepping the walls for paper & paint-fun! It will all be worth it in the end though.

Ellie's birthday is in just under 3 weeks, think she is one of the last March babies so having her party on the 28th & her dad is having one for her on the 29th so she will be super spoilt! Her temper has always been there but she is funny with it now because she'll shout & barge then point her finger at herself & say bla bab aabba as though she's telling herself off- very cute!

Glad to hear all is well with you & hopefully we can all come on here a bit more too because I miss it!
    Lauren & Ellie xoxox
  • Hiya everyone! Lucas is getting more mobile everyday! Just seen him crawl forwards for the first time tonight. He can fair get around but its all a little unconventional!!! He rolls, slides, crawls and even has a weird way of going in a circle commando style! As we speak he is trying to pull himself up on the stairs lol! I'll have to baby proof everything now! He's still not crawling conventionally tho, not for any length of time anyhoo. He's not speaking yet but babbling and shouting loads. Can say mum and dad but still doesn't mean anything yet.

Can't wait for Lucas' birthday, only a week on Saturday!!!
  • Sam took his first steps today just two woobly steps with a big grin on his face. he came out with a couple of words when he fell on his bum he said oh dear he also likes saying gimme and will point at what he wants. he likes doing everything himself especially feeding himself which he is quite good at now. he has also just cut his first molar which i think has been very painful for him. we got him a drum for his birthday which he loves we need to get him a little gorilla suit so we can re enact the cadbury advert lol
  • Hello everyone,

Well Miss Olivia is doing well. So laid back it is unbelievable compared to Miss Abigail who has been very much on the go since she popped out! lol! No tantrums so to speak (no doubt i'll end up eating my words!) although she won't let Abigail just take something off her now without fighting back!

She's cruising and standing unaided but not taken those first steps yet. Had her feet measured last week & got her first set of cruisers (will have to post the photo they took). She also has quite long but slim feet with a very high instep. The girl in Clarkes suggested we took her back to the hospital for a check up on her feet which we did but they confirmed they were perfect & that it looks like she will be very tall.

Teeth wise she is just cutting number 7. Has 4 across the top and now 3 at the bottom.

With regards to speaking she says the usual mumma, dadda, hiya, ta, yes and she cracks us up when she puts the phone to her ear and says hello really clearly. Everyone is really shocked by how clear it is because the rest of her vocabulary is so baby like :lol:

She loves music and starts to wiggle as soon as some comes on!

Weight wise I have no idea but she has shot up a lot lately & i'm finding that she is now fitting 9-12mth and even 12-18 from Marks & Sparks because of the length. I think she will certainly be taller than Abigail.

She has her jab on Monday afternoon which I am dreading!!!

My only concern for her is that she has a mole on her right arm. It just looks so out of place because of how young she is & it's just a random one on its own which makes it stand out even more. Because it is a lone one i really worry about the big C but she has had it checked and at the moment it's fine. I'm just worried I won't notice if it changes. I'm thinking of going private to get it removed but have no idea how to go about it, whether it will hurt her or how much it would cost. Does anyone know anything about them? It's something i have no experience of. She's had it since she was about 2 months old though.

Anyway, i'm rambling now! Hope you & your LO's are all well xx
  • You need to look for uneven colour and jaggy edges. You are recommended to take a photo of it so you can compare every few months to see if it is getting bigger too. Worth getting it checked just to make you feel better. Probably nothing to worry about tho.
  • hi Claire...i had 3 moles removed last summer. It was painless. The only bit that stung a little was the injection to numb the area.After that i felt nothing. It took a littl while to heal but was never really sore. One between my 2 fingers was sore but thats because it was hard not to pull it when using your hands.
    I would all Bupa hotline and ask for advise????

The results came back totally fine.

Everyone doing well by the sounds of it.

Lauren,,,,,bet you cant wait to move into your house. My lauren was a teeny baby and i had to take her to hospital consultant. She had teeny appetite ad did not gain weight. I was not too worried. Babies dont (unless there is underlying illness) starve themselves. The eat when hungry and stop when full. I find if I sit amelia in highchair infront of tv with something on she likes then she eats much more than with no tv...she is distracted. its a battle but i am getting more and more into her. I also grate some cheese and leave it on the tray for her to pick at and play with while i spoon in the good stuff. Maybe go back to basics and keep a diary to see if a new food makes her refuse her food...build up on things she does like and take it from there. My friend used to put a dollop of yoghurt on everything that she gave her and it made her eat veg etc....

Amelia is doing really well at moment. Still waking up far too much but I am going to tackle that...promise!!!!! I am getting her weighed on Tues but i think she has gone from 14lbs to 18lbs.... I am excited to get her weighed. She is still dinky but she would not be one till 30th march (due date) so she doing well.

must dash as need to get shower then tackle the day.
    will come on more..promise...

d xxxxxx

• Thanks girls. The hospital checked it about 8 months ago and said it was fine but to keep an eye on it. I just wish it could be gone so i'd have one less thing to worry about! I get extremely anxious about things - bit of a nightmare really lol!

I'll give Bupa a call and see what they say. Thanks again xx
  • Thanks Dee, that has reassured me.
    HV Is out today to watch her feeding & then we've got the hospital next tuesday. She has been eating a bit better of late & seems to be filling out, the 6-9 month clothes don't look so much like she's a newborn in 0-3 any more lol!
    She took her 1st steps on wednesday & has been doing a few every day since, got her cruisers on friday but they are for her bday so i put them away & just letting her cruise about in socks with suckers on the bottom.
    Amelia sounds as though she is doing really well, is she still taking a bf in the night??????? Ellie will take a bottle about 2am then another at 6.30am then go back to sleep for an hour then take another bottle about 10.30am & go to sleep for a couple of hours by which point i'm exhausted but have 100 million things to do!! xxxx
  • Hey all,

Nice to read about all the babies (though it sounds like quite a few of them should be called toddlers now!) and to chat with you all again. I'm guilty of defecting to FB too but promise I'll come on here a bit more again.

Evie turned one at the beginning of March. She's crawling like mad, walking on her knees, pulling up and took her first "steps" using her push along walker the other day. Thankfully she's nowhere near walking properly yet, reckon we've got another couple of months. She's a right little chatterbox, never shuts up and is amazingly clear. Weighs in at an impressive 25lb (ain't gonna be a ballerina lol!) and has the temper of a Tasmanian Devil when roused. Causes me great amusement to see this angelic one year old suddenly turn into a squealing, paddying monster banging arms and legs on the floor cos we dared use the dirty "no" word!! She claps, blows kisses, waves and says bye bye or hiya.

Seems so strange to think that last year she was only 11 days old...

Xx
  • Hi All

Amazing the way our bubs are growing. Just last year I had been into a long long labour to give birth to this gorgeous boy whose smile melts my heart at the moment and whose monstorous behaviour can make me go wild with him hehe... last year was so so hectic. To be honest I have really started enjoying him now. I have completely stopped breast feeding just 2 weeks back and am not missing it. Back pain wise it still persists.

Bub still wakes up 2-3 times in the night and ends up in our bed. So I have failed misserably on getting him to sleep at a stretch. Now we are bottlefeeding him sooooo me n hubby have swapped our duties and walla I have been sleeping like a log untill 7 am in the morning imageimageimage

Nick loves to play with balls! (hmmm boys will be boys always) and thats the first word he has said "bau" and can easily find it amongst his toys. Other words he utters is bai, mam, daddai and light as tite. Funniest part is when my mom calls up he starts crying saying bai bai.. he just knows that now mam is going to talk for hours with her mom and so he cries saying bai bai to granny lol

He crawls like crazy and has taken 3 steps on his own.. he just loves to climb up and down the stairs and can go on his own too if we dont follow him. Have to get a barrier for the stairs yet.

I am too excited as his bday is approaching this Friday. I want to get the world at his feet but at the moment just bought the pool with around 200 bau for him as his bday gift and also I'll be baking a cake (fingers crossed). Actions wise he claps hands, can kiss, say hiya and waves bye bye...

xxx