Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Big party, small party?

Hey everyone. Its coming around to 1st birthdays.. How exciting! I was unsure what to do for my sons 1st? Should I do a party and invite all the family? (thats 22 people) in my 1 living room... Or a little party with just me,hubby and lo. If I invite family my lo will get more pressys. image if I dont invite them it'll be just our pressys... I know it makes no difference to my lo but he could do with some more toys etc. :lol:
What did you do or plan to do??

Replies

• Options
    HI, we will have people around for lo's 1st birthday.Its on a Saturday anyway so we will say come between 3 and 5pm. That will be some family and friends who also have babies. They will probably come in stages too so should be good fun. I cant wait! WE will just put on a few nibbles and drinks. And like you say it is totally for us parents! Thats similar to what most of my friends have done/are doing too and it has worked out well.
  • Options
    We are going for a big one in our local church hall with 18 toddlers and about the same number of adults! I'm just putting loads of toys out for them to play with! Should be fun!
  • Options
    im still umming and erring over this. i will either just have the family round for birthday tea and cake, that would be a house full in my little house. or hire the village hall and have friends to. i will have to decide soon, i will see what graham thinks. i doubt he will want to spend to much on it though as we have just paid ??70 for phoebes 4th birthday party. x
  • Options
    On her actual birthday a Tuesday we are going have a Tea Party at our house for close family. The on the Sat we are hiring a local nursery room and having all of Lexi's wee pals and their parents, we have met loads through attending local groups! Let the fun commence, cant wait, pass the parcel for lo's and champers for mummys ! Hope you all have a fun and special day when ever you are planning! Can't quite believe they are almost a year old.

• Options
    Hi Ladies. I read your replys last night before bed and decided on having a big party. Then I discussed it with my OH and he wasnt too keen. My SIL kids are awful at our house, they go through our personal things. My oh tells them off and so does their mother but they dont listen. I thought of giving them something to do like pass the parcel but then decided they weren't worth the headache. So I'm having a small party just the 3 of us. Better than some bratty kids spoiling the mood. I cant believe he's nearly one. His birthdays 7th March so plenty of time to think again if I have to. Hope your lo partys go well. image
  • Options
    Why not go to a play pub nearby and say everyone welcome to come and have a drink and some cake but if they eat they pay themselves??? You could do some party bags to keep lo entertained.
    We are going to have small t party for close friends only. Family not here since we are in Bahrain at mo

d xx