Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

af

just thought i would ask has anyone not had an af yet. i know your having some trouble Dee. i havn't had an af after the first one after the birth and the last couple of days i have felt sick. dont know whether i should worry or if it is normal when you bf

Replies

• Options
    its totally normal not to have one when BF. I gutted that I am. Its literally flooding out of me...yuck!!!!!!!!!was told that after sterilisation you can get much heavier AF.
    Are you worried you could be preg? Are yo using contraception?
    Do a test if worried. Most women though dont get af till they give up total bf...
    d xx
  • Options
    I am not breast feeding and have still not had a period since the birth of Isabelle. She will be 12 weeks tomorrow. My last lmp was 18th March last year. I am dreading my first one, whenever it comes. My periods were always irregular before with cycles up to 45 days, so who knows when things will settle down.
    Mary xx
    PS not worried about being pregnant as have had coil fitted and did not even attempt to have sex before this image
  • Options
    I'm on cerazette and dont get a af on it! Woot!!! When I got pregnant only 7 weeks after coming off it they asked when my last one was and I said over a year ago! lol!
  • Options
    your not missing much.....i was happy to get back to having them and know that all was back to normal after my scary labour time but now they are annoying me.....i had my second one a few weeks ago...it lasted 2 weeks...i have had a week off and woopdy woo i am now having another one....grrrr!!!
  • Options
    your not missing much.....i was happy to get back to having them and know that all was back to normal after my scary labour time but now they are annoying me.....i had my second one a few weeks ago...it lasted 2 weeks...i have had a week off and woopdy woo i am now having another one....grrrr!!!
  • Options
    im definately notmissing it. there is a small posibility cough cough that i could be pregnant. would be a bit of a shock to the system if i was lol
  • Options
    ahh chris it would be lovely. Do a test now now now!!!!!!!!!

d x
  • Options
    shall be popping top tesco in a bit so shall let you all know. i dont think i am but after 10 weeks of no period and naughty sex te he i think id best check...just in case
  • Options
    Oh that would be fab!! image Jealous!
  • Options
    no baby just did a test. i am releived but a little sad as well which is suprising. its probably best im not due to c sectuion especially as Sam was a big baby. but maybe try properly in a few months