Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help! high fever since yesterday

Hello All

Sorry for not getting in touch wit u for so long... I arrived in the UK after 3 1/2mnth holiday in India olast Sunday... ever since then lo is a bit down and caught up wit high fever last evening at 7pm. Ever since then am giving him Calpol after every 4 hours...but his temperature only varies between 38.5 and 39.5. met t doc in t morning who suggested to give ibrufen (sorry dont remember t spelling) which I gave at 12noon and he was a happy baby until 4pm today... but now again his temperature has sored to 38 and 39 image dont know wat I should do tonite image

waiting for your replies and advise
thanks
Bubbly

Replies

• Phone nhs direct/24 and get advice. They are quite helpful with that kind of thing. I've phoned when Lucas has had a fever and their advice is you should always phone if a baby has a high temp.
  • definately give them a ring. the other thing that they normally suggest is a cool (but not cold) bath. hopefully his temp will go down soon
  • oh did call up NHS 08454647 previous nite that too twice and all they said was strip him and keep him cold giving paracetamol alternatively... but again his temperature goes high and he is really shivering ... now its high time I can't keep him cold like this for 48 hours .. u see its not helping much keeping him without much clothes...his temperature goes up again. I haven't found NHS helpful. The nurse insisted on giving lo parecetamol after every 4 hours and not give any neurofen. I told her... butttt his temperature is not being controlled by only paracetamol it keeps increasing!!. I just took by my mothers instinct and gave him neurofen and it comes in control for 4-5 hours but again shoots up to 39.5. Went to the see the doc today who suggested to continue giving it for another 24 hours otherwise take him to the hospital. So third night in a row lets see what happens.. hmmmmmm

imageimage
    Bubbly