Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Arrrrrrrr!!!

Aimee has been mistaken for a boy ever since she was born, probably because she still has no hair!!!

But its really getting on my nerves now... Just been to Tesco and she had on a pink jacket, jeans and pink trainers. And a pink juice cup on her tray.

We got 'isnt he cute', 'hello little fellow', hello mate' and on the way home 'hello gorgeous boy'!!!!
She has a few things in green too so it doesnt bother me as much when she is wearing this and they say it, but pink?!!!!
No I dont know if people really do dress their boys in pink but im thinking not!!!!

Its got to the point where i dont even correct people anymore!!! Is anyone else going thru this?? I really think I might explode at the next person!!!! Haha.

Rant over.

Replies

• Sam does look like a boy but i do get a few people think he is a girl lol. My cousin had no hair at all until she was 5 and everyone thought she was ill. she got really self conscious about it when she went to school but then all of a sudden it just come through. Sams nursery had a pink day where everyone had to come in dressed in pink but i could not find any boys clothes at all that were pink.
  • My mum says everyone thought I was a boy until I was two as I had no hair, but maybe not while I was dressed in PINK. Don't let it worry you, althoug I can understand why it pisses you off, before you know it she will be getting wee piggies put in and you will be practicing pleats !x
  • oh no, that must get a bit annoying after a while. we have only had it once when freya was very young some forgien woman came over and said isnt he lovely, and she was dressed in pink!! but luckily now she has a full head of hair.
    it wont be long though before she has lovely thick hair. xx
  • I've had it a few times with ellie when in pink & with pink clips in her hair!
    Bloody annoying but I guess the best bet is to try & not let it get to you, although it must be hard if your getting it a lot.
    I personally think Aimee looks like a proper little girl she has such a sweet face I don't know why others can't see it's obvious!