Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

Controlled Crying...

Hi,

I have not posted anything on here for a while,but still have a quick look at whats going on with March 08 baby's! However, I have a problem and always have had good responses from you girls on here!

So here's then problem:

My little (or not so little now) Arianna had the best bedtime routine, she went to bed between 6.45 and 7pm, she used to have her bottle, fall asleep and I'd put her to bed and she would stay asleep until between 7.30 and 8am... sometimes she would not be fully asleep when I put her to bed, but she would still sleep.... however, since Snday night EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED!! She wont drink her bottle, or does but messes with it, so I thought I'd just put her to bed, but she screamed and I fell soft an she ended up falling asleep downstairs, Monday night she did the same, last night however, I left her, she cried for around 20 mins then fell asleep but woke up extremely moody this morning and OH says it due to me leaving her to cry. Tonight I've done the same, but she's still crying now so I don't know if I should carry on or try another technique?

I hate her being sooo upset like this but don't want her to control her bedtime if you get what I mean?

Any help or suggestions would be grately appreciated.

xx

Replies

• well i havent had this problem YET but if it was me i woudl keep at the controlled crying i know its hard but if you keep lifting her she will continue to play up i would go in every 10 mins and keep reassuring her even if it does last for a few hours only my opinion good luck
  • Thanks! It does help that someone else thinks controlled crying is ok....