Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lucas might have had a seizure

I'm not totally sure but it looked like one. Our house is very warm this morning and i had taken him into bed to feed him, noticed he was hot and stripped him down. just after i finished feeding him he was lying on the bed beside me and his arms and legs went ridged and hestarted moaning. Only lasted 10 seconds. We took him to his room because he dirtied his nappy just before and it happened again but not as strong. He didnt seem to like it. I tried to take his temp but the silly dummy thing i bught is no use cos he wont suck a dummy anymore!

Dunno what to do...dunno if something just gave him a fright cos it was similar to a startle. I thought he did it once in the hospital when he was born but the midwives just asked us to call them if it hapened again but it didnt. Hes hsppier now but still aked and a bit hot.

Replies

• Options
    Went to docs, they saw us right away. Said there are lots of reasons why babies might do that and just to keep an eye on him. His temp was down by the time I got to the docs but I had kept him naked for 2 hours! I've just to go straight back to the docs if it happens again. Mummy didnt like it much and neither did Baby Lucas.
  • Options
    poor you and lucas
    I can remember jordan having a febrile convulsion when he was about 9 months old. I paniced and called a ambulance. It was taking so long that i legged it to the hospital which was only about 5 minutes away.
    It's really frightening to see your baby have a fit, but luckily it's not life threatening. when he was about 4 years old, he had one in A&E and threw up all over the floor.
    Maria x
  • Options
    Checked his temp again and its fine but he has diareah now!
  • Options
    Checked his temp again and its fine but he has diareah now!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear Lucas has been unwell, they are such a worry. Hope he feels better soon.
    Thinking of you both,
    Mary xx
  • Options
    hope lucass doing good Nic... keep us updated
  • Options
    had bad night on thurs night as amelia had temp of 39 and was not feeding, She was smiling tho but I pulled cot right up to me and just watched her most the night as I was scared. She woke up Friday morning cool as cucumber and smiling away. i however was knackered!!!!!!!!!!

Hope Lucas Ok now.
    d xx
  • Options
    Aww dee! The first night after lucas had his funny turn i couldnt stop watching him. I've even gone out to buy a digital themometre! hes fine now...just a combination of his jags and being too hot.,
  • Options
    glad everything seems ok now Nic they are definately trying to worry us i think- little monkeys
  • Options
    ...just a combination of his jags and being too hot.

so he likes luxury cars then???????????????

Hope he better now!

d xx

[Modified by: dee dee on May 24, 2008 11:19 AM]
  • Options
    the question is how does he reach the steering wheel and peddles at the same time
  • Options
    Poor darling! I hope it's just a one off x
  • Options
    My neice was prone to those convulsions when her temperature was up & every time she was teething they ended up in the childrens hospital with her!
    Thankfully Lucas is feeling better now & yor happier too Nic!
    xx