Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone using Omneo Comfort milk???

Hi evryone
I have changed from cow and gate premium onto the omneo comfort, to try and releive my darling son of the trapped wind.. stomach pains he gets day in day out!!

Problem is, he doesnt seem to like it image

He also is drinking a lot less.. he was up to 5ozs but now only drinking about 2 and half... so im worried now hes not getting enough.
I know the milk is thicker to help digest, but does this also mean that cos its thicker, he will get full quicker, and thats why hes not drinking as much.

I changed onto this to help relieve his pain, but now im worried he wont gain weight as well as he has been doing. I only changed it today, so I wont know if its made a difference for a few days anyway.

I was just wondering if anyone else changed their babies milk, and what happened when you did it.

Hope you can help, cos this was my last resort.. im going mad listening to him cry all day in between feeds, and his cat naps!!!
Thanks
caz xx

ps.. ive posted this in baby forum too.. so im sorry if you read twice.x

Replies

• Hi,
    have you tried the cow and gate comfort milk? We changed to this from cow and gate premium and Isabelle appears alot more settled. We were having several hours at a time of screaming usually in the evening with trapped wind and the change was almost instant. isabelle is 7 weeks on tuesday and take sbetween 4-5 oz at a time. This is usually every 4hs and alonger at night time.
    Hope this helps as I know how hard and frustrating the crying is,
    mary xx
  • You might want to ignore my last post as hubby has just said what we are using is what was known as opneo, doh !
  • Hi Mary.. yeah it is cow and gates comfort... It used to be omneo comfort when I had my other 2 kids, I hadnt realised they had changed the name till I put this post on lol.
    We are finding it ok, its changing the frequency and consistancy of his poos, so hes struggling with that a bit.. but im hoping thats just the effect of the changeover, and he will be ok in a few days... did you notice this problem when you changed milks??
    Hope isabelle is doing fine now
    caz xx
  • Hi Caz,
    We did notice a change in poos. The hv said not to be alarmed if it looked more green as it is due to the formula already being partly digested. Isabelle seemed a lot more settled straight away. I would warn you though, don,t change back because you think things are better. We made that mistake this week. We had some of the premium over and had run out of the other milk. Isabelle went back to screaming and did not go for a poo for over 24 hrs which is not like her. Our weekend has not been too good with her crying again. Our mistake which we won;t be making again.
    I hope your little boy is more settled soon for you
    Mary xx
  • hi
    sorry for butting in just wanted to say...
    joey is on the comfort milk too - we changed milks as the HV advised. his poo is quite abit different, greener, runnier (tmi) & v. smelly! including his wind... lucky me.
    we also visited a cranium oesteopath (sorry thats prob spelt wrong) & since then his reflux & sleep patterns have been much better. probably a combination of the milk and that. but he has started to sleep between 6-8hrs at night image
    just an idea for u caz anyway.

gem xx