Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

Lucas fed every 3 hours today!!

I know it doesnt sound much but makes a big difference from hourly!!! I'm so proud of him. I am now giving him boobie only every second feed and now it seems to be making a big difference. Yay!

Replies

• Only if you really feel you can't cope. I only did it because i'm going back to work. It seems that feeding him myself first gets out the way his want to comfort himself then the top up bottle satisfies his hunger. Only thing is it means I have been leaking all over the place! lol!
  • Lins- dont feel bad! When our babies are concerned we want to to our best, especially feeding- its so fundamental! Any little thing makes us upset and we want to fix it for our baby. Each of our solutions will be very different too so thats why even tho this has worked for me I would never suggest for a minute anyone else do the samre.

Dogstar- becuse ive been expressing ive had a seriliser from day 1 but it was when i first gave lucas formula i started crying as i really didnt want to do it and i felt like i had failed (even tho i knew hed have to be on formula for me going back to work, back to work felt like a far away concept)!

And the answer to your last wopndering is- try aptamil, it really is the closest to bm.
  • I know exactly how you feel Nic, Lexi just started going every 3 hours about 2 weeks ago, it does take the pressure off like !! I have made friends with other 1st time mums and there lo have been going every 3/4 hours since 4 weeks old and I was like arghhhhh sometimes. She is 17 weeks old tomorrow and 15 weeks of feeding every 1/2 hours has been hard work but worth it. I am also thinking of introducing a formula bottle once a day soon as I need to think about going back to work, but I have been feeling really guilty about it and keep putting it off. I love bf and know I can express but I think 4 months of exclusive bf is fab and a wee bottle now will be fine. I just need to do it now I think !!

Lyns I hope things start to get better for you and your wee (or should I say big man) man !!