Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cold hands!

Hi everyone,

Well don't know about England but Northern Ireland is having such a cold snap at the minute & even when our heating has been on for hours the house is still freezing!
Really just enquiring as to how you keep baby's hands warm without restricting their movement of them? Ellie slept in a babygro last night with the fold down mittens & her hands were considerably warmer this morning but she just will not wear scratch mits or mittens in the house!

I have extra socks on her feet to keep them warm & a cardigan but can't think of anything for her hands. Doesn't help that mine are freezing too so rubbing them won't do much good apart from temporarily! xx

Replies

• Options
    Perhaps a bit of a random idea but how about a pair of your socks (clean of course :lol: ) on each arm so the arms of her babygro cover them and the cuffs stop them coming down? She may pull them off though. Sorry for that useless piece of input :lol: x
  • Options
    oh here that's an idea i'd never of thought of! might try it tonight as although we seem to have the heating on constantly her hands are freezing & it is wakening her! thanks claire xx
  • Options
    Samuel's hands are always freezing in bed too. Does it matter too much? I'd just written it off as one of those things but maybe I should try to keep them warm. I used to use socks or mittens when he was little but didn't want to restrict him now he's older. Hmmm.....