Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

im back!!!!

well im back from my lush hols in lanzarote......gutted!!! although we nearly didnt get there!!
we were leaving for the airport at about 12 lunchtime, so i thought i would take harvey to the docs before we went just to check him over with him being ill for 2 and half months and on his 4th lot of antibiotics!!
when i got there she said his chest didnt seem to be clearing with the antibiotics and he was a bit dehydrated. she sais she was happy for him to go away if he drank lots but to take him to the hospital just to be checked over.
so off we went with an hour to go till we had to leave for the airport!
well an hour we were waiting for the bloody doctor to see him, when he came he said his chest was fine and he didnt think he was dehydrated!!!! he said the irritation is all in his throat, he is very mucusy and he has enlarged tonsils, so i asked if he was fit to go away and he said he was happy for him to go!!
so i legged it out of the hospital and off we went to the airport!!!!
well 3 days into our holiday with no antibiotics came the endless coughing, the sick and the general not being able to breath, so i took him to see the doctor (85 euros!!) where in his broken english he asked me if there was astma in the family, which there is, he then examined him and said his chest was okayish and he was very bunged up in his throat area and said it maybe an allergy (which is the exact same problem as my second son had as a baby with his airways but the doctors in this country dont take a blind bit of notice of me!!)
he then gave me a prescription for three things (15 euros) which made an instant difference, and when he takes them he breaths fine and doesnt hardly cough!!!! but when they wear off it comes back.
today is the first time he has ever had a 6 oz bottle!!!!
so his hospital appointment is on monday and i would like to know why they have only ever treated him with antibiotics for his chest when they should have been treating the problem he has so as it didnt ever end up on his chest!!!
so all in all it was a lush holiday and we are gutted to be back!! we have a happy baby who can breath, when he has his meds!!!
the doctor in lanzarote told me what i have been trying to tell the doctors over here for weeks, all my children have had problems like this as little ones but they never seem to listen, they just treat with the same antibiotics over and over again instead of finding out what the problem behind it is..
sorry for such a long post but doctors make me sooooooooooooooo mad with thir laidback attitudes!!!!

hope you and your babys are all well xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• wb glad you had a good time. hopefully if you show the hospital what he was prescribed and the difference it made they might take notice this time. good luck for when you go
  • you go and kick ass girl!!!!! The doctors in UK just want you in and out asap. Take the meds with you and insist this is what they give him too.

Glad you had nice hols. Bet you are brown as berry!

d xxx