Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Updates with pics if you have them!!??

Hi

We all doing OK really. Counting down till August when we head to UK for 5 weeks break from the relentless heat.

Amelia is doing really well. She has not been weighed for a month but if I weigh myself holding her then again without her the difference is 18lbs! Sounds about right. She is still teeny and in 6 to 9 or 9 to 12 months clothes. She got loads for her birthday but she is no where near 12 to 18 months and therefore I have had to buy loads of 9 to 12 the other day. Got some cutey things in Pumpkin Patch and next.

We have ditched the pram and bought a buggy...hurray! So much easier. We all spent months stressing over prams etc and I bet hardly anyone still using their travel system etc.. I flogged Amelias baby car seat and isofix base for 70 bahrain dinar which is about 110 quid...well chuffed. Mind you it was immaculate.

So...

Missy Amelia

now 15 and a half months
walking and running and jumping
chatting... my car, my mammy, where gone, where drink etc... stringing 2 words together. TBH its not dead clear but I know what she is saying. She is doing well for her age but saying strange things due to having her 2 big brothers. She is as I type this watching Power Rangers ..hmmmmmmmmm

sleeping...still wakes 2 to 3 times a night for breast milk...but goes down at 7 till 7 other that that. She has dropped her morning sleep....gutted !!! :\(
she still has 2 to 3 hours on an afternoon
Eating...loves everything. not overly keen on yoghurts which is weird as her brothers ate them by the gallon at her age. She has a breast feed in the morning, on waking from her afternoon sleep and last thing at night..plus through the night :roll:

She loves dancing and singing and doing hand actions.
Loves night garden and iggle piggle
cuddles her taggie blanket to sleep
loves drawing and making mess with paints and play doh (she eats it...)

other than that she is doing well. must get her MMR done (they say 15 months here) as she needs some Hep a or b or c or something and then there is a booster due!!! grr never ends

d xxx
will try to post pic but have no up to date ones. must take some...

Replies

• Options
    she is about 13 months here but its the latest one I have. ....note to self TAKE MORE PICS....
  • Options
    Lucas still isn't walking!!! only just started cruising a bit. Can say mummy, up, out, daddy, no (tehe) but that's about it. They always say boys are slower tho don't they? I have stopped breastfeeding (2 weeks ago) and he is fine drinking from cups. He is getting far too good at doing and undoing buckles and straps especially the ones in shopping trolleys!!! He loves buttons (both ones on clothes and ones on electrical equipment) and has really good fine motor skills. He has also mastered climbing up stairs. He goes to sleep at night by himself. He drinks his milk in bed and falls asleep which is fab. Just a story then stick him straight into bed!!!

http://file049a.bebo.com/20/large/2009/05/30/15/1270093743a10929662141l.jpg

[Modified by: Lemon Cupcake on June 10, 2009 04:40 PM]

• Options
    Missy Moodle, Evie, is 15 months, crawls like a demon, stands unaided and just started pulling up and cruising. She twitters non stop, fave words being mama, daddy, hiya, Joe (in the most northern accent imaginable-classy!!), no, mine, bye bye, night night, my cup, doggy woof woof, gamma (grandma/grandad), all gone and she makes the mouth movement for 'meow' but no sound comes out lol! She'll eat whatever's put in front of her and insists on feeding herself. Thankfully she's fairly accurate. Haven't had her weighed since her birthday but she was 24lb then so reckon close to 27/28lb now, chunkster!
    Loves stalking Joe, pinches all his cars and won't leave him alone much to his disgust sometimes. Sleeps 6.30pm to 8am, touch wood, on non nursery days and naps for a few hours every day.
    Very, very good fun!
    Now for the technical bit, if I can remember how to do it!
    http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2734/17/45/557458755/n557458755_1600871_6296379.jpg

Finding something very funny at her first birthday party
    http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2734/17/45/557458755/n557458755_1601015_6447638.jpg

Eating cake!
  • Options
    Wow! They're all growing up so fast and they're all sooooo cute!!

Ruby is just 15 months.
    She seems to be changing all the time.
    She's walking and running, dances to any music, even my neighbours ringtone the other day! Lol!

She's a great eater, but likes to feed herself. She does a great job with finger foods but still very messy with a spoon.

Her speech isn't as advanced as the other babies yet. All she can say is hello and Daddy. She does baby sign language so communicates that way. She says if she wants milk, dinner, wet nappy, more of something, please, thank you, love you.

She hasn't been weighed for quite a while but she must be around 26lb now. She's starting to lose the chubby bits but still tall and chunky! She's in 18-24 months trousers and 2-3 tshirts. She's size 5g shoes!

Her favourite game in the whole world is playing in the garden with a big bucket of water and her watering can!

She is such a lovely little girl and i'm bursting with pride!

We're now officially TTC baby number too! Woo!

Here's a few pics...

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs035.snc1/3268_97868263974_777018974_2455156_7689053_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs028.snc1/3166_96794348974_777018974_2440880_1005324_n.jpg

That one still scares the life out of me but think it looks great!! Lol! xx
  • Options
    hi all,

Good to hear from every omne agian. our not so little babies are growing up too fast, i cant belive just how much they can all do now.

Freya is an absolute delight, she can run and climb like a monkey and loves jmping on our bed!!! her new favorite game is spinning around in a circle until she is so dizzy she falls over wetting herself laughing!

She can talk loads she says hello, bye bye, baby, mummy, daddy, boobies lol, gone, ta, no, yeah, cat moew, dog and whisper woof, baaa (sheep), phoebe, mine has become a new favorite!!!, mollie (our dog), chunky (our cat), juice, shoe, stone, book, bowl, bed, bath, yum yum, nim nim ( her favorite teddy), poo, bum, upsy daisy, stuck is also a new favorite she always seems to be stuck some where, lol, she says some other things too but i cant think right now.
    She give me orders like mummy juice! which means bring me juice now mother. she also likes to climb on to phoebes bed at 6 am shouting hello phoebe ( comes out more like ello beebee ).

she loves in the night garden and that mayland cookie advert, she starts saying hello and waving too it? strange child! but other than that she isnt fussed about tv.

She eats like a pig there isnt much she doesnt like and still has between 2 and 4 breast feeds a day. i havent had her weighed for a while but expect that she is between 20 and 21lb. and she is still short, 9-12 month clothes are about right on her but i have been putting her in 12-18 months too as thats what her summer clothes are but they are huge!!

she some times sleeps through now but not if she is ill or teething and even when she does she is up at 5.30am!!!

she has developed quite a temper now and has propper throwing her self on the floor paddies but i have to laugh as she just looks so cute!

we are off on holiday to cornwall next week so i hope that the weather is good!! any hope that every one is well.

here are some pics of my little princess.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/flickaty22/013-2.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/flickaty22/004-2.jpg

[Modified by: flickaty on June 11, 2009 12:08 PM]

• Options
    Hello ladies!

Lovely to see all the LO's are doing so well and looking absolutely gorgeous! Amy that pic of Ruby & her daddy made my belly go funny when i saw it! Great pic but must've given you a heart attack lol!

We've not been on much lately. We're having a nightmare time with Abigail. They think she has juvenille arthritis so been in and out of hospital over the last few weeks.

Anyway, onto Miss Olivia.......

She absolutely loves music and sings along, mimes and dances. She isn't saying a great lot - muma, dada, hello, book, ta, not much more to be honest. She certainly isn't stringing two words together although she tries to say 'here you go' but it just comes out mumble jumble. I can tell that's what she's trying to say though. Poor thing can't get a word in edgeways with me and her sister around :lol:

I have no idea what she weighs. Haven't taken her to be weighed for months. I suspect it is around 23lbs though. She is in 9-12 month/12-18 month size clothes - depending on where it is from. She looks a very similar size/build to Ruby from the piccies.

I did change my original pram from a silvercross 3d to a maxi cosi mura 4 and i love it so no plans to move on to a buggy just yet.

She's been walking confidently for a couple of months now.

Absolutely loves her food - will eat almost anything and everything!

Is a real water baby - loves the water table in the garden, baths & going swimming when i have the chance to take her! Looking forward to our holiday to Egypt in September - should be able to get in lots of swimming in that fortnight!

Still sleeping through the night - thank goodness!

Pulling proper tantrums (stamping feet) but doesn't make a lot of noise - throws herself on the floor and opens her mouth lol!

Has all eight front teeth and noticed that a few back molars are starting to appear too.

Absolutely love her!

Good luck to all those TTC - so envious! no plans to start TTC no 3 just yet!

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4518/200/78/879565626/n879565626_7180446_8006663.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs018.snc1/4518_193308130626_879565626_7180473_7968640_n.jpg

[Modified by: Claire_Olivia on June 15, 2009 04:53 PM]

• Options
    Hello everyone!
    I haven't been on in so long & have loads to update!!

Well I have started a job part time mon-fri 1-5 & I am loving it, loving the independence of getting out of the house, loving having money coming in & loving getting a little break from Ellie. She has become very, very clingy literally hanging onto my legs & climbing on me if I sit static for 3 seconds....she hates nursery & has only been 4 days so far & she hates being with anyone apart from me & her daddy.
    I just keep telling myself she will get used to it & to be honest I am not all that worried because she needs to leaen to be with other adults & other kids & I need the time away from her!

Anyways...
    Ellie will be 15 months next week & she has 6 teeth but more coming through & she weighs 18lb 4oz! Wears 6-9 & 9-12 mth clothes like Amelia but I find myself turning her trousers & skirts up at the waist so they fit!

Her speech isn't fabulous, she says 'mummy' & it's very clear but she says maaa for daddy & nana & she'll make lots of little babbling noises but who knows what shes saying!
    She is running now, mastered walking at 11 months & she loves, loves climbing she climbs onto my sofa then onto the table beside it & sits like an ornament lol.

She is a bit of a nightmare with the sleep as she doesn't go down until 10pm then wakes half way through the night & comes into my bed then tosses & turns! I am giving myself & her a few weeks to adjust to the new routine then doing CC to get her to sleep the night through in her own cot, she has done it before so I know she can do it.

I will update with photos soon,
    Lauren xxxxx
  • Options
    hiya

great to hear from you and HUGE well done on the job...first steps to the rest of your life. So pleased for you....

Ellie sounds just like Amelia. she climbs on tables, everything. yest she climbed on the boys train table and she took her nappy off, pooed and then came and found me and told me 'ooh ooh' she took my hand and led me to it. It was so funny.

Loving all the pics....Ruby, Olivia, Grace and ben and kelsey, Freya, Evie, Lucas.etc etc are all looking so grown up and fab...

d xxx

[Modified by: dee dee on June 23, 2009 02:38 PM]

• Options
    http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs099.snc1/5196_91081373715_568463715_2004194_143539_n.jpg

more up to date one...took 15th June

• Options
    as you can see she is still petite and bald....lol

d xxx
  • Options
    she is so gorgeous!
    olivia's hair just takes me to the fair it's so long for someone so young! we are all so lucky to have such beautiful babies image xx
  • Options
    all the babies are gorgeous!!!

i love olivias hair! my friends little girl is the same age and has hair like that, im soo jealous! mind you i do quite like freyas fluffy curls,

dee...... freya has the out fit amelia is wearing in the second pic, its soo cute! but freyas is 12 - 18 months and the trousers are still huge around the waiste and are like long trousers even though they're meant to be crops, but i still put her inthem coz she lokks so sweet. xxxx
  • Options
    Aww hes gorgeous Lindsay, and sounds incredibly similar to Lucas in almost every way!!! Must just be coz their boys (and lazy when it comes to walking and talking). Lucas said drink once the other day when I was taking too long to give him it but he hasn't said it again lol!!!
  • Options
    ahh Lindsay he is still a stunner.

The outfit Amelia has on is 9 to 12 and still huge on her. I find Next things are big tho! she has the next size up in it but its in a draw full of 12 to 18 months that she got for her birthday in Feb and still can't wear!

All the babies are lush. We are lucky!

Amelia has started pointing and gabbling in a very authoritive tone to her brothers when she does not like what they are doing....its so funny I should try to get it on camera. She had her MMR the other day and has been a bit naggy ever since. yesterday was an awful day....she was so naggy! she is as I type laughing to Tikabilla on the tv and has woofed back 2 weetabix!!!

Lovely to hear all the catch ups

d xx
  • Options
    Well Sam is 16months now got him weighed and measured today and he is 26lbs 14ozs and 85cm long. he is such a funny little bean and makes me laugh all day. he has had a massive spurt of words in the last two weeks and now has quite a vocab. he is starting to get less clingy now and on sat (when it was my birthday) we went to the park for a picnic and he was getting people up in turn to take them to the ducks. he can say ducks and if you ask what sound they make he says quack quack-which is sooo cute. he has just moved up to the toddler room at nursery and they are going to be putting him in a big bed soon so we will be doing that at home.
    he is walking and running and generally getting up to mischief. we were out in the garden the other day and i turned round to the dog and when i turned back he had opened the back gate and taken himself for a walk.
    he loves singing and dancing and reading and can now sing row row himself but none of the rest of the words lol.
    this is newborn
    http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v203/187/70/676968514/n676968514_392898_3062.jpg

and now
    http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs021.snc1/3062_71231653514_676968514_1631898_98528_n.jpg

• Options
    this is at his christening, he had a suit for the party
    http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs022.snc1/2383_54395693434_549868434_1614147_4765129_n.jpg

• Options
    Chris he is an absolute stunner!
    Very clever boy too taking himself off for a walk! xx
  • Options
    Chris he is an absolute stunner!
    Very clever boy too taking himself off for a walk! xx