Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I had my first bump in the car!!!!

Couldnt believe it! Driving to work this morning and I tried to break but the road was wet and bumped into the car infront. He drove off to a safe place, checked the back of his car and gave me the thumbs up and drove off! Couldnt believe it. Left me not knowing what to do. My car is fine and so am I. I didnt have lucas thank god. I didn't know what to do so I just told my insurance company but told them I didn't need to claim. If they don't hear from this other guy in 2 weeks they will close the enquiry. I'm still a little shaken and worried coz we didn't swap details.

Arrgh!

Replies

• you probably didnt do any damage so i wouldnt worry about it. you did the right thing by telling the insurance company but really theres not much else you could do. hope you are ok and not to shaken
    big hugs
  • ahhh poor you!!!! sounds like you hit the right person..someone nice who did not take advantage by claiming for damages and injuries that dont exist.

d xxx
  • I am glad you are ok and agree you have hit the right person. You have done the right thing to inform the insurance company as it is an offence not to report an accident. If you didnt swap details then I am sure that he wont be claiming anything from you.

How hard was the knock? you didnt say. Was wondering if you have had someone to look at your car just incase?

HUgs for you for your shock glad you are ok
    x x x x
  • My neighbour is a mechanic so i got him to have a look. I couldnt have been going more than a few miles an hour when I hit. I have 2 scapes on the bumper from where we hit and a little nut that held on the bumper had popped off but he found it and put it back on. Nothing worth claiming certainly. I just didn't want the man checking his car later and realising it was worse than he thought and changing his mind about not exchanging details. Thats why I contacted the insurance company, because otherwise your insurance would be invalid if he had found me and I hadn't owned up first. I was all ready for swapping etails and was quite surprised that he was ok with leaving it.
  • As long as u have had your car checked.. thats what I was worried about...
    like I said it is an offence not to report the accident so you have done the right thing there...

someone went up the back of us just before I fell for Phoebe he was a young driver and his dad contacted us and was all for settling privatly as it werent his sons first accident... and his premiuns were already high....
    he then phoned to say he was really sorry to mess us about but he was gong to go through the insurance company after all as his car was a lot more damaged than he thought...
    our car was also worse than what we thought... it looked fine at the roadside so we carried on and went and brought carpet.. and found we couldnt open the boot!!!....

Glad it is fine though x x x
  • Glad you're ok and like the others have said, you def hit the right person! I work in personal injury & a lot of people would have tried to sting you for everything they could! x
  • hi...you not been on for a while..hope all OK>>>>????????????

d xxx
  • hope your ok nic & just glad no one was injured xx
  • I'm fine just been busy! I'm trying to sell my two prams just now...one just sold today so fingers crossed I get this one sold.
  • well done...what have you got instead!???

d xx
  • Nothing yet but thinking about a jane pram...i havent had much luck with prams
  • hey haven't been on for ages as had no laptop but been reading posts on my mobile but very difficult to reply on there so frustrating, but just wnated to say i'm glad you are ok and your car is ok and that the man was a nice genuine man so many people claim for nothing these days