Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HEY JO!!!!!!

Hi Jo,

not sure why you locked out but your message was there. Just seen your other one over in old forum.......glad you found us here!!!!!

Sorry, Sam been so fretful. Its awful when they have colic. Amelia suffers but is not as bad as my son Joseph (my 3rd) was. he was 4 a few days ago. Anyway, he cried from morning till night and then slept for a few hours to recharge his crying batteries...then it began again. it is awful and I thought it would never ever end. One day when he was about 11 weeks he woke up with a big smile and that was it....colic gone!!!
Baby massage worked a bit and so did infacol and coelific. It realy does take away the enjoyment of them as new borns. I could not go out as bf was such a strggle I did not want anyone to see me doing it as he would latch on and off and cry! However it DOES and WILL end and you will forget it and enjoy sam. Amelia is OK most the day and gets worse from about 4pm. She was bad for first 6 weeks but last few weeks seems to be not suffering from colic too much. She has started to poo every day rather than every 4 so maybe that is why. I watch what I eat but nothing seemed to help. She has umblical hernia so when she cries this sticks right out and goes purple...ugghhh!!! She is full of cold at moment and very sad. She was up most of last night but luckily my OH came home at 7am after night flight back from UK. He took over and I slept till almost 11am!!! Still knackered though!

So glad you back on line with us...missed your chat!

Hope things ease soon and remember it does pass and by then he will be smiling, cooing and generally been very very cute!!!

d x
ps you need to get some new pics...i have loads on facebook. My oldest daughter loads them for me jsut incase you all wonder where I get the time. I dont even know how to!!!!!!!! What am I going to do when she goes to Uni next year??????????????

Replies

• Options
    Hi Dee and everyone!!

Thanks for the lovely message Dee. Sorry I'd abandoned you all! I just haven't found the time to log on. I'm so impressed you're all organising yourselves to get on here regularly.

Also, my username was locked but it's ok again now.

The colic is improving and he's good some days now. He also doesn't have it morning til night and he's pretty good at getting to bed by 8 - 8.30pm so I'm pleased with that. We've been seeing an osteopath and homeopath plus I've switched from cow's milk to soya. Something's helping anyway!

Really glad to hear all is well with Amelia - apart from the rotten cold. Poor honey!

Sorry to dash again but I have to go to bed. I've been up three times a night again for the last couple of nights so need some zzzzzz now!

Will chat soon - promise!

J x