Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

Afraid of sleep!!

There is something seriously wrong with me...basically I find it really difficult to get to sleep at nights & I tend to check the wardrobes & under the beds before I even consider going to sleep.I also sleep with the lights on & usually wake several times in the night.
Of course I have always been a bit like this but it has since got considerably worse since the baby came along because now I have to check on her 3000000 times a night too!
It's really beginning to affect me because she can be awake anywhere from 5.30am which if I am not getting to sleep until after 2am is only a few hours sleep at the most!
Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do to improve my madness :roll:?
Thanks ladies xx

Replies

• as an insomniac for ten years i feel your pain. luckily it resolved itself a few years ago or i would be a zombie. i can suggest a few things silly things like warm milk. i find that reading clears my head. hand massage is good as well using essential iols like lavender. also yoga is brill especially relaxing techniques they use like- imagine your body is full of colour then wash that colour out and as it goes relax every part of your body.
    it may also be worth speaking to a counsellor as it may be stress or anxiety. i started sleeping properly when i started living with my oh weird eh
  • could it be OCD????

Think you need a chat with a doctor who could give you something to help????

d xxxx
  • It's probably transference because of all the troubles you've had lately. I get it when I'm stressed. You transfer your feelings of stress onto things that have nothing to do with the stressor. For me its checking I've locked the car/house and got my purse/keys/phone.Best way to takle it is to try and deal with your stresses somehow. Easier said than done I know!
  • Poor you! Sounds like a right pain the arse. Anxiety can be a sign of PND. Do you think this is possible? I was put on PND watch in the early days when Samuel had colic but I seem to have pulled through now. But I do know a couple of people who have been diagnosed recently when their babies are 6 months old plus. It can come on any time in the first year I think.

Sorry if I'm barking up completely the wrong tree! I hope you get it sorted though. I'm still tired on 7 hours a night!

J x