Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is he going off my milk?

Hi girls,

Samuel is five and a bit months old. I started weaning him at 18 weeks as he was waking 3 or 4 times every night. He was only having tasters for the first 3 weeks but he started wolfing down loads more food recently and cries when it runs out too quickly!

He's now having 3 really heaped teaspoons of Cow and Gate gluten free cereal plus water for brekkie
He has one AK cube of veg and one AK fruit cube for lunch and the same for dinner.

I bf him on demand about 5 - 8 times a day but he doesn't seem too bothered about the milk a the mo. He's so easily distracted when he's feeding it's a nightmare as he pops off my boob and looks all over the place. He sometimes starts crying after just a few mins of feeding and I can only make him carry on by singing to him. This isn't gonna be very practical when I'm out and about!

Any tips or ideas guys? I want to bf for the rest of the year and I really don't want him to ditch my milk soon.

Jo x

Replies

• Options
    Lexi will be 6 months old on Sunday (I know where has the time gone eh), she is on 3 meals a day and is now refusing me during the day and only bf's last thing before bed, during the night and first thing in the morning, quite big feeds though. I did worry she was not getting her recommended 21oz of milk but hv put my mind at ease, as she did reasure me this is normal at our lo age. I was a bit upset her refusing me at first but can't really do much about it.

Oh on a plus note I can now wear normal sexy bra's again during the day - Yeah.

Sorry not much help to finding you a solution to keep feeding during the day, but just letting you know we are the same x

• Options
    Thanks guys. It's reassuring to hear your LOs are changing too. Since posting this, Samuel has actually been having more milk again so I guess it's just phases. He is clearly feeding on demand properly. Some weeks he wants more, some less. He is still having plenty of milk first things and in eve and when I go to bed so we're doing fine.

Good tip re. using expressed milk Lins. I might try that if I can be bothered getting the old parlour equipment out. Mooo!!!! Ha, ha.... I'm very lazy with expressing now. I just find it boring and time consuming and it's just not enjoyable either unlike the bf. Plus my machine is really noisy. Sorry. I sound so negative! It is a really good idea though. I'll see how he goes in coming weeks.

Jo x
  • Options
    glad things are picking up now. freya went through a stage of not wanting to feed off me she would just grunt and wriggle and even start crying, but it only lasted a couple of weeks and now she is fine again although some times she is easily distracted. she has about 4 bf inthe day and 2 solid meals and another 2 or 3 feeds at night. im soo tired lol. x