Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sooooooooo excited!!!

My closest friend here is due to give birth to a little girl on 29th of this month. It is her 3rd and due to very quick labours in the past (and due to ambulances here been very unreliable and no one moves out of the way for them even when they are blue lighting!!!!.....) they have asked her to be induced next Tues 10th!!!
I am soooo excited to see a new born again. She is calling her Spphie and I just cant wait!!!

Nic.how is your friend and her baby..the one who had PROM???

d xx

Replies

• Dee, Ellie is doing great and is 4 1/2lbs now! All she has to do now to get home is remember to breath and swallow at the same time when eating! She isn't even supposed to be here for another 6 weeks. They managed to get a bed in a closer hospital (our local one) so the family dont have to go so far which they are pleased about!
  • well...my friend went in on tues but they sent her home as its a small hosp (1 delivery room) and another woman was in labour and another due to be induced as baby stopped growing. She went back on Sat night and got one pessary. Nothing happened. About 5am she got another one. She was getting full contractions by 11am (bear in mind her longest labour was about 3 hours) but getting nowhere. They looked at 1, 2, 3 and 4 to find her cervix was high and not at all dilated. Sophie (the baby) was showing slight distress so they put her up to drip and broke her waters. By 6pm still no dilation at all. Sophie was getting worse so they took her straight to theatre and preformed a c section with spinal. shame for someone who has had such easy quick births. When they opened her Sophie head was presenting at a funny angle and thats whey no dilation. Good call in the end as this way they had time for spinal where as had they left it a few more hours it would hav been emergency.
    Sophie was born well and is 7lb 2oz. She is beautiful and I got all broody again.
    karen is a smoker who went down to as few as poss in pregnancy but was desp for a cig so she was up, washed and outside in a wheelchair less than 12 hours after section. She looked amazing. She came out after 2 nights as could not sleep. They like you in for 5 here as no home visits etc...

Mum and baby doing well and I cant wait for our 2 girls to become best mates like me and the mum are. She also has a boy same age as my charlie. Her daughter is 6 but plays nice with Joseph if they are round for BBQ or something.

d x