Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Who is already planning your next baby????

Wondered how many of you first timers or with only one or 2 other kids are already planning your next????? I fell pregnant with Charlie when Joseph was about 7 months so it does happen!!!! We had discussed having one close to Joseph since his nearest sibling was Chris who was 10. We were at discussion stage when I realised I had not had a period for a while. Took a test which was positive and booked an early scan for some bleeding I had. I was 9 weeks!!!!! Could not beleive it!!! Small age gaps are great tho. Hard work but great for them to be so close. More so since they are 2 boys. They are in summer camp 5 mornings a week thro July and they walk in together holding hands...so cute!!!

Come on, own up, who is already TTC!!!????

d xx

Replies

• Options
    I'm not but I am seriously broody!!! I am waiting the year after my section plus I don't want to start trying before my brothers wedding a year today!!! I think we'll try after that! We do seriously need a new house first but we could stay here for the first 6 months. I didn't think I'd feel this way at all. I have always said no more than 2 but if I feel like this only 3 months down the line from this one what makes me think I'll feel any different next time? lol!
  • Options
    I really want another but financially cant afford it. We get married a year yesterday, in Kos, so may try for the next there!! x
  • Options
    I think good luck to anyone who is, but personally no way. I am so glad to have Isabelle but at the moment I do not think I could cope with another lo. We want to give Isabelle as much as we can ( without spoiling her) .I am getting older (38 yesterday) that in the long term it would be hard if we had anymore especially if they want to go to uni etc as I will be nearly 60 then. My Dad had a heart attack at 59 and I want to be here for Isabelle as long as I can.
    At the moment we are in a 2 bedroomed house and feel cramped for space.
    There is no chance of an accident I hope as I have had a 10 year coil fitted when Isabelle was 6 weeks old.
    Mary xx
  • Options
    Yep... Currently on cycle 2 of trying for a bro/sis for Alex... It's hard work with one, so I imagine it's going to be a struggle when another one I arrives, but the way I figure it, once they're older it will be better - they'll (hopefully) be able to confide in each other and keep each other on the straight and narrow... (Okay I know that is EXTREMELY wishful thinking!)
  • Options
    all i can say is.................NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!
    4 boys is enough for me!!!
    xx
  • Options
    Not many of us trying again then eh? Most of us did have a hard time during pregnancy tho, including me. There weren't many first time mums either! I have always planned to have more than one. Lucas needs a sibling I think. He's too sociable to be on his own. He has a cousin on the way in october he will see all the time...oh thats another story. I think I'll start a new thread for that.
  • Options
    Nope, no way, not a snowball's chance in hell, no siree! Two's plenty for us, with a bit of luck we'll be able to give them what they want without spoiling them (at least we will if the job fairy visits me soon!!) Neither of us got on with our siblings when we were growing up but we're really close to them now. There are small age gaps between us and our brothers and a bigger gap between Joe and Evie so hopefully they'll get on better.
    Good luck to anyone that's going for the next one, practising's the fun part hey?! ;\)

[Modified by: Zoe31 on July 07, 2008 07:16 PM]

• Options
    Not trying just yet but we would like one more. Probably when Abigail is about 7 and Olivia is about 4. I find it hard giving Olivia one on one time at the moment so she can have that when Abigail starts school. Then i can also give another baby one on one time when both the girls are at school. I'm broody again already though so we'll see!!

Good luck to anyone who is trying! x
  • Options
    i would like to but need to convince oh. id love to be pregnant when i went back to work. we also need to move as i live in a tiny two bed. i am definately broody
  • Options
    This is what i found online, Im going to be waiting til 2010!!!

'your rights as a parent are set to improve further as before 2010 paid maternity leave is expected to be extended to 52 weeks, and APL (additional paternity leave) and ASPL (additional supplementary paternity leave - to be taken in the second 6 months after birth) are also going to be introduced.'
  • Options
    No way am I ever, ever, ever having any more! My mind is made up & although people keep telling me i'm only 22 & i'll settle down in years to come & want a baby with my husband I can't see it happening!!
    I adore Ellie & I love her so, so much but there's no way I could go through that again. I enjoyed being pregnant & although I don't feel I made the most of it it was an experience but I wouldn't want to put myself through the possibility of another traumatic birth & the way I felt for weeks after she arrived. It wouldn't be fair on Ellie either to see Mummy like that so absolutely NO WAY!!
    xx
  • Options
    No way hosay!!! The last time I had an unbroken night's sleep was on March 8th so I def don't want to hurry number 2. Need some ZZZzzzzs first.

I would however like three children - a mixture of sexes would be perfect. I fancy an age gap of 2 1/2 to 3 years I think.

I just love Samuel so much that I want to give him all my attention for now.

Besides, until last night it would have been an immaculate conception if I was preggers. Ha, ha.... we finally did it after a 4 month drought - woo hoo!! First time since birth after a failed attempt at 6 weeks. And it was actually pretty good although I think I'll still be a bit sensitive for another couple of months x
  • Options
    well i have to say im considering number 2!!! OH has said he is ready to have number 2 now and when i am ready he is fine with it.....so although i am currently on the pill it is a thought in my mind at the moment. im undecided....on one hand i wanted to wait and allow my body time to recover but then on the other hand it would be lovely to have them so close together. it would be even better if the next one was a boy and then i could say thats it.
    the only other thing is we are hoping to get married next year and i wouldnt want to be pregnant whilst getting married......hhhhmmmmm will think on it some more.xx
  • Options
    not been on for a while...some interesting answers..........
    Del WOW!!! I am suprised TBH. I think you should have a big wedding first and invite all of us WITH KIDS!!!! then have a honeymoon baby!!! lol.
    Chris, Nic, Gemsie... I give it to this time next year and I would put money on fact that you 3 will be pregnant!!!!

Zoe, Jo, Lauren, Suzanne, Lara,Mary, Dogstar...OK I beleive you!!!! Time will tell ha ha ha!!!
    Both Sarahs....am sure you will have more given time so good luck when you decide the time is right!
    Victoria...come on! 4 is nothing! I think you need another. Look at it this way. you either get a girl to dress up and have 4 brothers to watch over her OR you have another gorg boy and you have self made 5 a side footie!!!!!!!!

Lins.... hmmmmmm I hear you and I think you are the sort of woman that knows her mind. You have took to mother hood like you were born to be a mum so it does suprise me that you dont want another. I think I will watch this space.

Good Luck to all those trying, planning to try or just having fun practising!!!
    dxxxx
  • Options
    After conversation with hubby we decided to leave it til christmas 2009 which I do agree with coz we need to move house first and 2 1/2 years is a nice age gap. It happened quick last time so we can't try til we are 100% sure we want another child there and then lol!
  • Options
    i was suprised too dee to be honest....i thought i would be a big no no forever after the time i had....but people told me i would forget over time and its true. i miss being pregnant lots and would love another one. x
  • Options
    I am dead excited for you! I know you had an awful time after the birth which is highly unusual. I think you need to talk that over with a doctor and then when you ready...go for it.

I have a 17 month age gap (charlie and Joseph) and a 2 and half year gap (lauren and chris and charlie and amelia) in some ways the two and half years is nice but I prefer the 17 month. It is hard at the time but the 2 boys are so close (when not killing each other) and play same sort of games, watch same tv etc... there is no need for mates to be over playing all the time as they have each other.

Ohhhh.....in some ways wish it was me. Dont want 6 kids but wish I was just starting out again to have the 5 I have!
    d x
  • Options
    hi my lauren is 4 months old and me and oh have decided to try again as she is such a great baby. slept all night since she was born and she is always happy and and smiling. im under no illusions as i have a 12yr old son too but we are currently trying so fingers crossed
  • Options
    we have talked about it. we have decided to wait until phoebe is a little bit older as would like to enjoy her first. she is already growing 2 fast. 16 weeks old tomorrow and it dont seem possible...
    I want to also wait as had spd with phoebe and was bed bound and there is no way that I would be able to cope with phoebe and being pregnant at the moment. PLus I have a back problem which I had to carry through the pregnancy which I want to get sorted before I have anymore.
    we have a nice age gap between the first 2, the perfect gap some might say. Samantha was born a week before alfie started pre school which was what we had always planned, but samantha wasnt aplanned baby.. it was a once in a blue moon jobby as me and OH were going through a rough patch. I said to my mum that christmas would be make or break for us and on 23rd december I found out I was pregnant with samantha.
    so yes have thought about it and am broody when go to baby clinic and see or the new borns but am waiting for at least a year...(unless mistakes happen before hand)lol
  • Options
    Well, guess who forgot their pill again yesterday? Looks like I'll be poasing in 3 weeks time!!! Grr! We would cope but it's not what we would have planned.