Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just checking.....

Hey,

Just been reading bout other mums givin their lo baby rice and so i thought I'd ask a few questions about it!

My lo is 14 weeks old, currently being bf and having 1 5oz bottle a day. She DOES not sleep much at night time, so with reading other comments, was wondering if I should try giving her baby rice at night time? She bf loads through the day, about every 2 hrs, same a night time.

This may sound stupid but if I were to give her baby rice - how do i give it to her? In a bottle mixed with my breast milk, or mixed with formula? How much do I give? Will she be ok giving it through a bottle?

Sorry to sound so dumb but questions need to be asked!

Thanks xx

Replies

• You could give it a go but would check with HV first as they say not till 6 months.
    Mix it to a very watery consistency in a plastic clean bowl. use a soft baby spoon and just let her suck it off the spoon. More will come out that seems to go in but persevere and she will get hang of it. Mix it with breast milk or formula. Its up to you really.
    good Luck
    d x