Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

Don't want to tempt fate but.....

AMELIA SLEPT THROUGH FOR LAST 2 NIGHTS...............................

Hurray hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She went down about 7. woke for feed at 9 then slept till 7!!! Its now 8am and she has just gone down for her usual hour! What a little treasure. I heard her at 3am but she sucked her fingers back to sleep.

Just need Charlie to sleep through now!!!!!!!!!!!!! That child will be the death of me!

d xx

Replies

• woo hoo go Amelia its just bliss when they sleep through
  • I have not really done anything to get her to this. I just stick to 6pm bath time....feed....play on mat and massage...feed and then about 7pm sleep. I put her down on her own with her Tomy light show on and she has learnt to go to sleep. I think that is the big thing that I have never done with my others. I means when she wakes during the night she knows how to get herself back to sleep.

d x
  • hey dee
    the tomy light show wit teddy's n tigers realy works for my nick too... i find myself humming the melody too image he goes to sleep seeing the projection image but he is still not the 7pm to 7am sleeper .... does wake up for a feed in between n a nappy change.

how do you all manage changing nappies in between these 12 hours? wont they wake up?
  • Aimee is ff, she has her last feed at 8pm and goes to bed at 9 sleeps til 7. Had to do this as she wont wake at half 10 for a feed shes completely passed out! No way i could change her nappy! But she only poos once a day. Her nappy is very very heavy in the morning, but doesnt seem to bother her, just get it off soon as shes awake!!
    Ive never used a light or anything, dont want her to rely on anything if she doesnt have to, though we have bought the winnie the pooh lights and sounds projector coz sure she will need something when she gets older and more aware we are still up!!

[Modified by: SarahNAimee on June 19, 2008 05:48 PM]
  • Well done! long may it continue!
  • Lucas still goes down in our room at 7.30 but we just dont use our room for the rest of the night and he sleeps well.
  • to turn a phrase....HAS IT HELL!!!!!!!!!!
    I had to go and brag didnt I?? She did it for those 2 nights and has woken for feed about 3am every night since! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    that'll teach me!!!!!!!
    d x