Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Im sooo prepared this year!!!!

Well, after getting married this year and dopping to 3 days a week at work, we are officially skint!!!

So, with huge regret, we have decided to postpone the baby making til this time next year for our second image
We just cannot afford it, and Aimee will be older then and we can pass down things like her cotbed and buggy, where as if we did it this year we would need a new buggy for 2, another cot, etc etc.

So, I started to look in the sales for Aimees Xmas presents, and i have bought them all already!!! haha.
I have never been this organised for Christmas in my life!!
I bought her a jigsaw from Ethel Austins for 50p. A golf set from Tescos for ??1.96, a till with money and shopping trolly with food in which was 2 for ??15 in Argos, and a make believe Kitchen which i bought with my Tesco clubcard points from Tesco Direct and I won on that MnM competition 1 in 10 wins, with the code in the wrapper, and got Happy Feet, which im wrapping up, haha. All done.
I just want to get her a sing a long nursery rhymes dvd.

I just hope the rest of the family arent expecting anything this year.... hahaha.
Hope everyone is well, and all you lot that are making babies get your BFPs soon xx

Replies

• well done on the bargins! i have been looking for bargins i have alot of stocking pressies for the girls but no big ones yet, i have just ordered phoebe some binoculars they are free you only have to pay the p and p so that will go well in her stocking.

sorry to hear that you wont be making babies this year, but tbh i have 3 years and 2 months between my girls and it is a lovely gap to have. thye have both had alot of my time and attention to them selves as phoebe had 3 whole years before freya was born and then phoebe was at pre school and now school so freya has me to herself alot too. they are still close enough to play together though and they get on really well now that freya is begginging to play propperly, also i know i can leave her with phoebe for a few minutes and she will stop freya doing any thing dangerous. so that age gap has really worked out well for us. xxxx
  • i am proper jealous of your bargains & organisation!
    i know what you mean about being skint, i am taking on more hours at work to help with xmas etc but tbh i'm not going mad this year like i did last year!
    any other xmas ideas of bargains found ladies post them on here! xx
  • we are getting sam one of the cozy coupes but the rest of the family are putting together to buy stuff for his room as we decided to update it from a nuresery to a proper boys room as it is still neutral. will probably look out for some other bargains so he has a few presents to open
  • great bargain hunting. I met a friends daughter when I was home and she had just had a baby boy a few months ago. Anyway, I gave her a card and 20 quid to buy him something. She met us a few days later and showed me this lovely baby book, a cosy toes for the pram, and told me she had a bath toy, some rattles etc and a winter coat all for the 20 quid I gave her! How??? the Charity shop. They stuff looked brand new and was lovely. Worth a look maybe ladies???? NCT sales are supposedly good too. Obvioulsy Ebay is great too.
    With 5 to buy for Amelia is not getting too much. Also with their birthdays coming up so fast after Xmas I like to keep things for that. She loves the little tin tea set in the ELC so will get her that and a brush and mop set. By the time she gets stuff off all my sisters etc she will have plenty. Also, we have to get it all home from UK!!!
    bought the Wii when it was on offer so that is a shared pressie. Looking forward to hitting the shops in the UK when I arrive.

d xxx
  • It is a shame that your baby making plans are on hold but its sensible to think it all out. A larger age gap is nice as you have little hands to help rather than hinder when the baby comes along. When I had Charlie, Joseph was only 18 months and it was like having 2 babies, both in nappies, both on bottles, both not sleeping well etc...

good luck with it when it comes time to TTC
  • Well done on being organised Sarah! Shame to delay the TTC plan but better than pushing ahead with the babymaking then worrying that you can't afford it. Your presents sounds absolutely FAB. I was going to suggest car boot sales too for bigger things. My friend always buys things like trikes and push along cars etc. at car boot sales for a few quid instead of ??40+. At this age, they'll never know it's not new and you'll feel really proud of yourself for bagging a bargain.

We've already bought Samuel a pushalong trike from Mothercare (with vouchers) and In the Night Garden character set from Toys R Us which was in the sale. He's OBSESSED with In the Night Garden and copies all the dances and moves on it. So cute!

J x