Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

Periods

Hi all,
What a lovely thing to talk about but I am just wondering if everyone is getting them again now?
I am in my 4th month of being on the pill & have my period at the minute. Now it isn't particularly heavy but I am in serious pain with it in m back, legs & tummy & (i have a chest infection) when I coughed yesterday something moved in the pit of my stomach! It wasn't pleasant.
I am on yasmin & I don't know whether I would be better changing my pill or perhaps i'm just having a bad month?
I am not having sex (may as well be honest) so the contraception thing isn't a big deal at the minute but as the always ads say I just want a happy period!
Any suggestions & how are your periods?
Lauren xx

PS Sorry for such a weird post!

Replies

• i still havnt started my period yet so cant really help. hopefully it will be just a opne off but if your worried id speak to your doctor as there are quite a few you can try so you can find the one thats right for you
  • hi
    mine are sent from hell!!!! I was sterilised after Amelia and with having 5 kids and heading to 40 my periods are just awful. I think I am going to bleed to death on the first day. I cant go out as it leaks through tampons, pads and anything else I try.

However, your a young woman and only had the one so your periods should not be too bad. If they are worse than before you had Ellie then I would go and see you GP. Periods and pains tend to be better after you have had a baby.
    Dont suffer and think its normal as its not really....

Chris....lucky you. Even though I still exclusively BF her I have had 3 periods. yuck!!! wish they had whipped it out when they sterilised me .....
  • Ah Dee that's awful!
    TBH they haven't been as painful as before she was born but the last few days I have felt as though i'm dying!! Thankfully it is easing now & i'm going to give it another month or so on this pill to see how I go...variety is the spice of life & all that well i'll try a new pill lol
  • hugs hun. i have only had one that lasted about 3 days since freya was born, but tbh i dont have them very often any way. in the 6 months i was ttc freya i had one period. its a miricale that i have 2 kids really. x
  • I tried Yasmin years ago and I don't think it agreed with me, but can't remember why now...... sorry - brain still in delivery room!

I can't help much either as I still haven't had a period because I'm bf. Mine were never too bad tho.

Hope you feel better soon!

P.S. Glad I'm not the only one with a not so hot sex life at the mo!
  • I think it takes 9 to 12 months for periods to get into a normal flow of things... mine are quite finny at the minute... the first 2 periods I had were 2 weeks apart but now my cycle seems to be 32 - 35 days.... they still vary in what they are like.. to start with they were spot bleeding til half way through then I would have a day of very heavy bleeding, then spotting again... my last one though was very heavy for a couple of days..... sometimes it can be the type of pill that you are on, but if I was you I would be inclined to stick with it and see what ur next couple are like then take it from there. Are you on the same pill now as before you fell?? sometimes it is not as suited to you as before....

Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon x x
  • lol we're all in the no sex club then! i'm not with anyone so that's my excuse but tbh girls those of you who are married & all do you even have the urge cause I am petrified of every 'doing it' again for fear of becoming pg!!
    thankfully the period from hell has left me, i've decided to give it another 2 months on this pill & see how I go I just hate the fact that I feel as though i've put on weight but we can't have everything!!
    lauren xx