Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help! I'm turning into an old woman!!

lol! I've taken up sewing and got a sewing machine for my birthday! lol! Feel like an old lady! Still, I wanted to make stuff for Lucas. I just wanted to show off what I've done already, baring in mind I have never used a sewing machine before I think I've done not bad. Plus,, my hubby keeps telling me fleece is really hard to work with (he did furniture design and upholstry at college).

http://file040a.bebo.com/3/large/2008/07/26/22/1270093743a8449368722l.jpg

Car seat blanket that can't be kicked off!! It has two loops that velcro round the straps to hold it on!

http://file040a.bebo.com/3/large/2008/07/26/22/1270093743a8449368779l.jpg

Cosytoes with a flap to pull up if it gets cold. Not a totally clear picture I know but it looks snuggly. Can't wait to let him try it tomorrow!

What do you think?

Replies

• well, i for one am very impressed!! they are fab. well done u

d xxx
  • I'm sure I could make the car seat blankets and sell them on ebay or something but it would be a lot of work!!! And I lot of money to put out first. For just now its only Lucas and his wee friends that will be getting anything. I am making a cot bumper for my SIL.

I wish I had tidied the car first! You can see we use the back seat as a dumping ground! lol!
  • i love sewing and making stuff too. i made two period ball gowns before now but for some reason havnt made anything for Sam. so i will be joining you in grannyhood as well Nic lol can just picture sitting on a rocking chair with granny slippers on. would definately suggest selling them. can you knit? cos knitted stuff sells for a bomb
  • very impressive Nic.. keep the good job going on image
  • No one has ever been able to teach me to knit because i'm left handed! You should def make stuff for sam! I bought a sleeping bag pattern but I havent made it yet. I need left handed scissors first! i have been struggling with right handed ones but theres only so much i can do with them!

Thanks for all the encouragement. I have a long way to go beforeI'm any goodbut I'm enjoying it all the same.