Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

;-o ;-0 ;-0 tantrums ;-0;-0;-0

grrrrrrrrr

you would think that by my 5th I would be a pro at dealing with it but noooooo....

reason is that they are all so different. Amelia is so feisty. If I pick her up to get her away from something she pulls my hair and tries to whack me in the face. At home I put her down safely and walk away. However, when out its not so easy.

She wanted an icecream from Baskin Robbins today but it was 10am so no way. My god she was like the devil child... people were looking and I just wanted to hide. One woman was really staring. I managed to calm her and got her in the shopping trolley with joseph and charlie singing a song to her (we must have looked like the last of the loons). I kept seeing this woman all around the shop and she kept looking all the time.

Got to the checkout and there are non here with no sweets. She started to create about some small m and m's and I let her hold a tube of them but she wanted them open. I opened them and they were spilt all over the floor :\?

this woman was looking again....so I said 'do you think you can do any better because if so, be my guest!!!' She looked embarrassed and came towards me. She was French but spoke good English (thank god as my french is pants) she then made me feel like a prized twat as she said 'I was looking as you are very lucky. I cannot have children and I think your family is beautiful'

Talk about wanting the ground to swallow you up whole!!! I apologised and said I was having a bad day!!!! She laughed and patted my hand and said I looked like I was doing a great job!!!!!!!!!

So, thats my day so far!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

d xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hahaha, oh Dee. I know what you mean. Though reading your story Aimee is not that bad.. sorry!!!!
    Aimee is just beginning with the tantrums and I really dont know how we are going to handle them yet. Dave said a naughty step but shes too young she wont understand. A couple on holiday had a 2 year old and when she was naughty was counting until she put it right, though i never saw what happened when they got to 5 and she hadnt??? Ha. Any suggestions appreciated!!! xx
  • Options
    ha ha dee sounds like my trips to the supermarket!! feya had a full on throwing your self to the ground tantrum the other day in tesco as i wouldnt let her have any sweets! our local tescob is massive and it also has loads of toys in there, if i walk past the dollies without giving her one to hold thats another tantrum, she climbs out of the trolly she already knows how to undo the straps!! she is a real monkey!!! this is why i do my main shopping on line and only go in there if i just need a few bits.
    at home i ignore tantrums too and she soon snaps out of it, but as you said it is a little harder in public! i tend to just tryt o take her mind off it and i also always go oyt well stocked with little snacks like raisons, but they dont often cut its when she is shouting i want sweeties at the top of her voice! xxx
  • Options
    had slightly better trip to shops today. Only went for flowers so not too bad. She sleeping now ..phew!!!!!!!!!!!!
    glad I not alone in the early terrible 2's!!!!!
  • Options
    Oh Dee!! What a nightmare. Poor you and that poor woman too! It's so weird - I wanted to come online to post a similar message about the terrible twos arriving early. Samuel is just so defiant at the moment shouts "no, no, no" to everything all the time. Where has my baby gone?? I really get the feeling we've been cruising for the last 6 months and that it's all getting harder again now....