Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I just did it!

Yes went ahead and cut my hair real short (a boy cut) have been loosing hair in bunches day and night since my delivery and a small portion of my scalp could be easily seen.. hubby was tired of finding them fallen here and there on the floor.. the worst part was cleaning the water blockages in the shower room ...by cuttin them short is the max I could help he he ... so I did it... yay .... .My head feels so light.. honestly .. like 50% of my burdens been lifted he he

I did mention my hair loss to the hair dresser and he said that due to hormonal changes this is bound to happen.. best thing to do is cut them short. By doing this the hair can provide oxygen to its root and start strenghtening each strand. Then gradually you can start growing them back to your normal shoulder level length. Does this make sense to you? mmmm tooo much theory for my post pregnant brain... I just got them off and feel very nice about the low maintainance now.

imageimageimage
Bubbly

Replies

• well done i really need to do this my hair is falling out all the time. I too have not had a hair cut for a long time need one desperately xx
  • Well done!

I too am in need of a haircut. I have quite long hair and always have. My cheeks are too chubby for a short cut. My cousin works in Toni & Guy so has promised to sort me out in the New Year as part of my new years resolution :lol: It's so hard to know what to go for though. I don't want anything too high maintenance but always end up tying my long hair back! She told me to look in a magazine for the kind of thing i want - yeah right, like i'm ever going to get results like that with two kids to see too! Bless her! :lol: x
  • Thanks Mez and LOL on dogstars coment of ''look really scraggy and not out of place on Halloween!
    ''
    Actually Claire I was tired of my same look and hairstyle ever since I was a teenager. Same me in the mirror too... need a change and a new me ... I think I would like to change my appearance every 2 years... try out most of the hairstyles and have different photographs every year. I decided about this after I met an aunt of mine who even after 55 years of her life maintains the same old hairstyle one on which she had received positive comments about during her marriage.... I was like common .... give yourself a break! neither is that hairstyle popular now, nor are you that old enough to carry it on! image

xxx
    Bubbly

• Well done Bubbly! You're very brave. I used to have a crop 10 years ago as a student but I don't feel trendy enough these days to pull it off. I love them though. I am quite tempted to do it again. I've got a bob now. Always had super thick hair though.

• hi..... i have a toni and guy hairdresser who now lives here in Bahrain. she came the other day for what was supposed to be a light trim. Anyway, if you remember my bad week (dead cat, hair disaster etc..??? ) well, I was still fed up of the colour and how dry it was at the ends soooooo I pulled out a pic I saw of Gwyenth Paltrow and said...make me look like that.... she said in your dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, its a bob about chin length but with messy longer bits... I am really pleased BUT it is a shock. i have loads of hair and it was past my shoulders. Its great though as I wash it during my shower on a morning. Towel dry, brush it and put on a conditioner spray. I go down, have brekkie, see to kids etc... by time i get back upstairs it is dry and i run straighteners through it for 5 mins and its perfect... I want it longer but she had to cut out all the crappy hair. It feels so light and healthy. I am getting it coloured on Monday and going really light as think it needs it. People tell me it has took years off me.... how flattering is that???? I will try to post pic when I get chance.

go on,,,be brave and get it cut!!!!!!!!

d xxx
  • Wala well done Dee... It does make a difference.... everyone here does say that I look like a teenager with a kid ha ha... am very happy with my new look in the mirror image

sooo ladies who want to do it... just do it! dont worry they will grow back or we can always find a way to mend watever looks wrong