Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

He says "poo poo"!

Well actually - he says "boo boo" after he's filled his nappy. He's being doing this for a couple of weeks now and says it until we change his nappy. I'm so impressed and surprised! I always assumed I'd be really late potty training Samuel as he's a boy.

Does this mean we're getting closer to potty training time or do they do this way before they're ready anyway? He has no control over wees yet and seems surprised when he does do a wee if his nappy is off.

I've ordered a nice looking Baby Bjorn potty seat from Kiddicare which shoud arrive tomorrow so maybe I'll try to get him to sit on this after breakfast when the boo boos usually arrive image

I'm kind of dreading PT to be honest and I'm not in a hurry. It looks like a right pain leaving the house with several changes of clothes and maybe even a potty or baby toilet seat. Having said that, nappy changing is often such a struggle in our house, it would be lovely to live in a world without nappies!

Jo x

Replies

• aww bless clever boy samual.
    freya has been telling me when she has done a poo for about 6 months so i thought that she would be early potty training but she is no where near at the moment, tbh i dont really try. she will run up and climb on the toilet saying poo or wee but when she gets on there she will jsut smile and jump off again. if you try to make her sit there she will just throw a paddy. im not really going to try seriously with her until she is 2 as that is what i did with phoebe and she got it quickly with very few acsidents.
    but for him thia could be the first sign of being ready, its always good to have a potty around to get them used to it even if the only thing they use it for is a hat!!!! xx
  • sam did his first poo in his potty last week and we both got very excited about it. we waved it goodbye down the toilet lol. at the m sam has no awareness that he has weed or pooed so im not going to rush it. it sounds like Samuel is much more ready
  • Bless him, go Samuel!! My DS was 3 before he was toilet trained~lazy bugger!! Missy moo has sat on the potty a couple of times fully dressed, says poppy wee wee when she sees it in the bathroom and she did one wee on the toilet. All hell breaks loose though if you try and get her to sit on the potty with no nappy on lol!! Not sure how she thinks that's going to work!!!!!
  • I am never in a rush to potty train but saying that, I do think there is sometimes a window and if its missed then it can take them a long long time. With Charlie I missed his signs as i was busy with pregnancy etc.. he took ages to go dry night and day.

Lauren was before she was 2 so I am hoping Amelia will be the same but, I am not going to force it.

Gina Ford's potty training book is actually really good and full of idea. She says dont try to potty train until they can take off their own pants and trousers etc...

I will take Amelia's lead. She is aware when she ahs pooed or weed and takes off her nappy when its wet. She says.... oohhh yacky... when she has pooed. She has pooed in the potty but that was me noticing her straining and rushing to the potty. i have a few potties dotted around the house for her to play with or sit on if she wants.

d xxx
  • Wow our little ones are growing up so fast! It's good to hear Samuel is in similar stage of development to others. Interesting that Freya has been saying this for a few months!

I do think we have a long way to go before S is ready for PT as the wees just spirt out and surprise him! Hey, ho. I'm like you guys - not in a hurry.

He really loves his potty though. It's a potty seat so he likes sitting back in it fully clothed and swinging his legs whilst watching CBeebies! He's happy to sit on is without a nappy too so I guess that's good. Hasn't actually done anything in it yet x