Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

would he over fill?

the hv has told me to give jayden half a bottle his food then the other half so eventually he will cut the second half of the bottle out....BUT jayden will drink his 1st 4oz then eat half a jar of fruit or veg puree then drink all the other half and im worried that he is filling himself to much. he is also being a lot sicky but its always milk that comes back up.
Any suggestions on what i should do?:\)

Replies

• Options
    just boosting it up image
  • Options
    This is a difficult one...
    What sort of routine have you got Jayden in? When he gets up in the morning what are you giving him? What age is he & how much does he weigh?
    My best friend didn't start weaning her LO until 5.5 months & that's what i'll be doing with Ellie because my other friend who started weaning at 14 weeks has had nothing but problems with her LO.
    What milk is he on? Cow & Gate no2 for hungrier babies is great, if i were you i'd try giving him 8oz each time & nothing but water in between but if your adamant to start weaning him then do it on baby rice, then baby porridge then fruits etc... they can be a bit harsh on his tummy at the minute cause of the acids which may be casuing his sickness.
    Basically give him his first bottle in the morning but stop 1/2 way through & give him a few spoonfuls of rice then the rest of his bottle. Once he's happy with this routine (say a week) then introduce porridge with the 1st bottle & change the rice to lunch time. Once he's had this combination for 2 weeks then maybe start with the food.
    Don't know that this will help you but I hope it does xx
  • Options
    Jayden is 15weeks and a fortnight ago weighed 14.6. Heis in a great routine he will wake up at 9am have 8oz of hungry baby milk(aptimal)then have 8oz at 1sh and another at 5ish and then another just after bath,before bed .This week i have tried giving him banana rice in the morning with his bottle but he seems to be getting bad belly ache,today he hasnt had it and seems fine.
    I dont know if he doesnt like it or weather he just needs to get used to it.:\)
  • Options
    I suppose it's just a case of perserverance & trying different things!
    The key is not to give up, I found I was doing this too easily with Ellie's colic (totally different thing I know) but when I settled myself she settled too & seemed to get better all because I wasn't chopping & changing the things!
    It's hard being a Mum & you feel as though you can't do right for doing wrong but Jayden sounds as though he's doing well so just keep doing what your doing & be proud xx
  • Options
    thanks miss lauri