Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

cleaning teeth

hi girls!

I was jst wondering how often you all clean your lo's teeth. i try to clean freyas twice a day but she makes such i fuss i some time have to abandon it. she loves to stand on the step at the sink and try to clean them her self, but as soon as i come near her with the tooth brush its kicking screaming paddy time!!! i just have to pin her down and do it and i feel really cruel but it has to be done.

so i just wanted to know how all your babies were with it, phoebe was never this bad about it, but tbh she was better behaved about most things really, lol :lol: xxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    SNAP, funny thing is she has only just started to fuss when the tooth brush comes into sight., she used to be no probs. I thought it may be a wee bit sore for her if more teeth are popping through, but now I think she is just testing me to she what she can get anywith.
  • Options
    Lucas is teh same! Quite happy to do it himself but won't let you near him!!! its a bit of a battle ground!! Hopefully they'll get better as they get bigger!
  • Options
    Alex is fine with it - as long as after I've finished I give her the toothbrush to chew herself. She tries to do it herself but just ends up sucking the toothpaste off. Nappy changing has become a nightmare with her though - she literally crawls away from me really fast as soon as she's done a poo!
  • Options
    have you tried two toothbrushes one they can usev themselves and then you can sneak in and give them a proper brush in between. We have had our moments with toothbrushing particularly when teething but touch wood he seems ok at the mo
  • Options
    thanks for the replies, glad to know that im not the only one with this problem.
    i have tried using 2 a while ago but it didnt really work, but that was a while ago so i might give it another try. xxx
  • Options
    We have same battle. If I give the brush to Samuel he throws it on the floor or draws toothpaste on the carpet. I do the headlock thing too which is horrible but the only way at the mo I think. Samuel has two stubborn black spots of plaque on his teeth which is because I didn't brush them enough when he started kicking off. Wil have to get dentist to scrape if off!

J x
  • Options
    Hey we have found a tactic to help with brushing! Now I say "Aaaaaaaaa" and she opens her mouth and does it back (thinks its a game) so I can get in and give her teeth a good brush, distraction is the way to go !!

HTH some of you as I was getting really worried about her teeth and the lack of brushing x