Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

obvious statement but

i really really really don't want to go back to work on Sunday i did start to think that i will like it because i enjoy my job and am looking forward to adult company etc but now that it is only 3 days away i really don't want to leave Erin i feel really tearful about it and guilty and sad and annoyed and angry and fed up :cry::cry:

Replies

• Options
    aw hun
    it is normal to feel like that. But you probably will enjoy it after a little while and you realise she is ok without you for a while.
    I went back to work last week and completely felt like that. But 2 weeks on and I am glad to be back...certainly glad when I got paid normal wages yesterday!
    Amanda
  • Options
    Yup, I went thru this one 6 WEEKS AGO! Horrible! Can't believe I've been away from him for so long. It dos get a little better but the feeling never really goes away.
  • Options
    I really feel for you, i'm not due back to work until the middle of November & to be honest am not totally sure whether i'm going back or not but just want to send you a big hug!
    Erin will be grand & you will too after a while & just think of the money! Good luck hun xx
  • Options
    Sending you a big hug Mary. I know how you feel as I am due back Monday as you know. Unfortunately i know that we will be expected to full straight back into the working team and become another member of the NHS workforce striving for good care, but up against all the pressures thrown at us to meet targets and policies.
    Hope they give you good support on Sunday and our little ones will be ok.
    Mary xx
  • Options
    i have to go back by the 19th nov and im dreading it as well. its a 1 1/2 hour bus ride and im worried i will struggle. Plus where i work are so inflexible i just sooo dont want to go back. really need to win the lottery i think
  • Options
    massive hugs hun. i am dreading going back, i got my date the other day its the 25th november and i dont want to go. i am applying to be a phoenix trader so if that works out i might be able to quit and work from home. fingers crossed any way. x
  • Options
    thanks everyone for your replies it nice to have somewhere to get such lovely support. I'll be thinking of you Mary on Monday i just know they will be short staffed as usual and expect us (like you say) to just go straight back into it. Its just the first week i guess then after that it will feel like i never been away probably! Good luck everyone who's going back soon and i'm playing the euromillions tonight so if i win i'll spare some of my 100 million pound with you all :lol:
  • Options
    You will be fine, I bet you within a few weeks you will be running ot the door for a rest lol x I went back a few weeks ago and although I would much rather be at home with lo needs must and all that. Oh and I quite like the gossip with the girlies again, sad i now but true x

Best wishes Mary, you are a star doing the job you do x
  • Options
    Hi everyone just got back from work had a really good day the ward was fully staffed!! and it was busy but in a good way lots of nursie things to do and remembered how to do everything thank god! I missed Erin but was so busy didn't have too much time to think about things. Oh half coped perfectly well without me. so success all round hope it stays this way.

Good luck for tomorrow Mary you'll be fine xxx
  • Options
    Glad shift went well for you today, I was thinking of you. Lets hope things will be the same for me tomorrow image
    Mary xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies.

I not returning to work for lots of reasons...(infact have not done paid work for about 11 years...)

However, with my first I returned full time. I was 21 and OH was 24 and we needed the money. He worked in Holland and Germany and came home every 6 weeks or so for 10 days. I had to work full time,drop off and pick up Lauren and then see to her at home alone and all weekend. I did have my mum who was a great help. When I had Chris 2 years later I went back job share for 2 and half days.

I still remember leaving lauren at the nursery that first morning. I was so upset. I rang them about 5 times and if I heard a cry I was like..is that Lauren.... they assured me it was not. After the first week I was back in swing of it and quite liked the reason to get up, get dressed and have a structure to my day. Wish I could have afforded part time though.

Chris was such a sickly baby but Andrew was going thro Chemeo when I had him so we had no money coming in as Andrew was self emp. I went back 2 and half days and it was tough as i was caring for 2 little ones and andrew. Luckily this time a friend who was going through a messy split up from father of her child looked after kids for me for a bit of pocket money.

Andrew, got better and went back to working away. Oh joy!!!! Joy, he was better but back to me looking after them and working. Chris was in and out of hosp. Quite often PICU due to asthma attacks that were called brittle asthma as they came from nowhere. I took 6 months unpaid compassionate leave and was due to go back one Monday morning. i rang them from PICU as Chris was having a lumbar thingy to test why he was so ill (they thought meningitis but it wasnt) and told them I had to hand in notice. Luckily OH was earning good money by this time in Italy and we could do without my salary.

I still to this day miss work. I miss the structure it gives you, the chats with the other staff, the pay packet at the end of the day. Some say lady of leisure...but I know \I would rather work!!!! i love my kids but sometimes at home with 5 kids (3 of them little) I feel like I am slowly dying! Other days I love it.

BTW Chris and Andrew both over their ailments now!!!!

D xx

good luck all you ladies off to work.....
  • Options
    Wow Dee dee you have been through so much i really admire you not sure how i'd of coped if Paul was ill and Erin. I freaked when Erin got her first cold! you are a very strong person to have gone through all this. I'm glad they have both overcome everything now. :\)

Mary, how did it go??
  • Options
    Glad your first day back was better than expected. I hope yours went well too Mary!

J x
  • Options
    First shift went well, very busy . I did miss Isabelle but had no time to dwell on it as so much to do at work.
    Had a chat with the senior sister in the corridor about how are you etc.? As I walked away she said consider that your back to work appraisal. Lovely, nobody said to me these are the changes that have happened in the last 8 months. Just straight back in the numbers and muddled through
    I think I will find Wednesday harder as I will be at work from 07.15-21.00hrs and Isabelle will be at childminders for first time. I just wanted to pick Isabelle up and give her a cuddle and kiss when I got in but she was fast asleep so had to wait until this morning. She has woken up so happy and exited this morning. I think she has been eating blue smarties in her sleep, lol
    Mary xx
  • Options
    I'm glad it went ok Mary. Good luck for your long day tomorrow xx